Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Number 1?

coppullwhite

After seeing the goals at Brighton from the weekend, personally I have had enough of Bogdan! I don't think he's up to the mark, his kicking is terrible and is lost were to kick it now Davies has gone. His shot stopping is rubbish. I think in the prem he was brilliant but since he's been in the championship hes a completely different player and doesn't look interested. The other side of the coin every time I have seen Lonergan play I have been impressed with his shot stopping and his control in the box. Shrewsbury he made some brilliant saves and was enjoyable to watch him there. I also think he was part of the main reason why our defence was so much better organised last year with Dawson whilst Bogdan was out.

I want to see him start Saturday against Yeovil I think its his time

Bogdan or Lonergan?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive said for a while that the keeper should dominates the back 4 and command his area, it doesn't seem that bogdan does this. any keeper should be a good shot stopper but theres more to a keeper than that.

I wonder if how many clean sheets bogdan has had since he started playing ?

Somebody will be along shortly to say that Bogdan is "the least of our problems" - sadly, I think he's as big a problem as we have anywhere on the pitch. I certainly don't think that Lonergan is the answer either longterm, but I would certainly give him a go, as Bogdan seems to be totally out of confidence at present.

Edited by CWP

ive said for a while that the keeper should dominates the back 4 and command his area, it doesn't seem that bogdan does this. any keeper should be a good shot stopper but theres more to a keeper than that.

I wonder if how many clean sheets bogdan has had since he started playing ?

well the club has conceded in 43 of the last 45 games, I read over the weekend - so there you go - two

I don't think Bogdan's anything special, but I also think we could do worse.  He's let in some he should've done better with, but he's also made plenty of saves he had no right to make.  I also doubt we'd be any in a better position if Lonergan was our first choice goalkeeper.

A goalkeeper should be protected by his defence in my book.  I'd say he doesn't get much protection.

Edit:  Oh, and Bogdan is the least of our problems. :)

Edited by DazBob

who trains our keepers??

when jussi went to west ham he was one and a half stone overweight, big sam  worked him for 6 weeks and now that is showing, I cant help but think our goal keeping coach is fuckin awful with the way jussi declined in form and attitude now bogden being fuckin shit

who trains our keepers??

when jussi went to west ham he was one and a half stone overweight, big sam worked him for 6 weeks and now that is showing, I cant help but think our goal keeping coach is fuckin awful with the way jussi declined in form and attitude now bogden being fuckin shit

I am inclined to agree this has played a big part. Jussi looked (finn)ished wahey in that last year with us!

I am inclined to agree this has played a big part. Jussi looked (finn)ished wahey in that last year with us!

Playing behind a different back four might have helped, too.

I've been going thirty years - I think we've always had a shit goalkeeper.

As for Bogdan, we had eight defenders in the penalty area for that second goal and their mon still managed to find himself unmarked. I don't think Bogdan could see it, nor do I think it's too much to ask that someone in front of him might get involved in proceedings from time to time.

And I think his kicking is shit by design. We havent got anyone in the side likely to win a punt up the middle, so we keep it wide to stop it coming straight back at our slow boat centre backs.

Playing behind a different back four might have helped, too.

I've been going thirty years - I think we've always had a shit goalkeeper.

And there was me thinking Branny and Jussi served us reasonably well for 23 of those 30 years.

Nibble nibble.

:)

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators

And there was me thinking Branny and Jussi served us reasonably well for 23 of those 30 years.

Nibble nibble.

:)

i think the point enzo makes is that we've always had some cock telling us our keeper is shit even when he was one of the very best in the league

and i haven't seen any bolton keeper 'dominate his area' in my time watching

when bogdan came in, i heard/read how it was great he came to claim crosses

i think he realised quite quick its a mugs game