Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton Athletic At Home!

jazza

you,re only ever really cold when you,re dead everything else is varying degrees of warmth

he's reet. A few drinks and you'll not feel it. Well, not till you get in bed in the early hours and then realise you're shaking like a shitting dog and frozzen to the bone.

Here we go again .....

Right, I've persuaded myself to go to this one on the basis the Whites owe me a fookin whoppin Xmas present.

Think I'll slip some whisky in my coffee flask though - just in case I need some anasthetic.

1-1

Bright spells among the gloomy dross.

We will win 2mrr.

When DF is one bad result away from the sack we tend to pull it out - Yeovil defeat would have surely spelled the end as would I believe a Bournemouth or Doncaster defeat also.

The players though have got to take a long hard look at themselves as 5 wins out of 20 with the squad we have is simply unacceptable.

Here we go again .....

Right, I've persuaded myself to go to this one on the basis the Whites owe me a fookin whoppin Xmas present.

Think I'll slip some whisky in my coffee flask though - just in case I need some anasthetic.

1-1

Bright spells among the gloomy dross.

Good man, its now BWFC need our support, you never know we might be rewarded with a performance and a win for a change. COYWM.

Reet, few things....

1> Mickey D, compradre, hoi polloi, in Greek means 'the many'! It's a derogatory term in English meaning  the 'riff raff' working class or commoners! You mean the Hoi oligoi

2> Would one of our great & wonderful please sort out why I am always logged in! can't quote anyone! & generally can't do stuff I want to do 'cos of jiggery pockery & general weird magical stuff before I get our kid, the computer wizzy dafty magician type involved, & start hunting people down in my drunken Mad Friday paranoid drunken dafty thingy Ooojimaflip should really go to bed bollox... blah blah aah etc....

3> We'll stuff these Pseudo Cockney, Nelson Mandela House, types to Many goals & then some MMW

4> If you couldn't work it out already... I aint sobering up til New Year!! Bring on Barnsley :)

5> Merry Christmas my fellow beautiful Whites.... (now where's that keyboard breatherliser?)

• Site Supporter

Reet, few things....

1> Mickey D, compradre, hoi polloi, in Greek means 'the many'! It's a derogatory term in English meaning  the 'riff raff' working class or commoners! You mean the Hoi oligoi

In't education a wonderful thing? Hoity Toity is what I should have used. But, it seems I'm not alone as the online edition of the Oxford English Dictionary states that:

2 Hoi polloi is sometimes used incorrectly to mean ‘upper class’, i.e. the exact opposite of its normal meaning. It seems likely that the confusion arose by association with the similar-sounding but otherwise unrelated word hoity-toity.

Edited by MickyD

We will win 2mrr.

When DF is one bad result away from the sack we tend to pull it out - Yeovil defeat would have surely spelled the end as would I believe a Bournemouth or Doncaster defeat also.

The players though have got to take a long hard look at themselves as 5 wins out of 20 with the squad we have is simply unacceptable.

Edited by Farrelli