Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Favourite All Time Wanderer And Why

miamiwhite

Andy Walker scoring on his comeback at Arsenal was one of the best moments of my time watching Bolton. Hoping Holden will do the same. Mentions for Branagan, Frandsen, Tomo, McAteer, Gudni, Johanson (pretty much any one from that era).

I don't think Super John will ever be beaten in my lifetime though.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many listing Anelka, given he's the best player we ever had by rather a long distance. Djorkaeff for me like, looked like he was smoking a Gauloises whilst he played, he was that cool.

I would have to say that saying Anelka was better than JJ or Youri by a rather long distance is incorrect. On his day JJ or Youri could win any game and their international records for their respective countries are far superior in terms of their effectiveness.

Alan Thompson for me. Loved seeing him take on players. I remember when we played villa at old Wembley and he was on their books, don't think he played cause he was injured and he came to the Bolton end and waved n chatted to fans.

Remember that well as the teams walked out he followed and looked at us with a clentched fist and saying come on.

I think David lee pips it for me, that night at Anfield confirmed me as a fan for life and he played such a big part in my love for the team when I first started going with my dad

Top three 1. David lee 2. Alan Thompson 3. Supper John

Edited by glossopWANDERER

To many for me but youri was awesome and a delight to watch,when I was younger loved the old poachers like Jules,Reeves and philliskirk

I used to try and do floaty bendy headers like Phyllis but could never manage it

He seemed to have the classy touch but only 1 gear and Reevesy was the other way around; ran for England but not so good on the ball

When Walker came along he was light years ahead

Gary Jones

Why?

It was a school night October 1971 when my Dad and brother went to the cup game against City at home. Jones bagged a hat-trick as the Whites won 3-0. When they came home with smiles from that day onwards I was signed-up to be a lifelong Wanderer. Unfortunatley he suffered from injuries and never lived up to his full potential although he did score a cracker against Newcastle in the 2nd replay of the fa cup at Elland Road.

Super John for heart and devilment

Djorkief for pure quality

Gundi for leadership and scary eyes

Frankie for his goal at Blackburn

John B for his cool rounding of goalies

Peter Thompson for masterful wing play

Roy Greaves for his loyalty

Campo because he was a great player

Andy Walker who could find space in a phone box Freddie Hill because he was God.