Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

One other idea put forward by a lower league manager I heard today is that the Premier should pay for every club in the football league to have the latest up to date pitch so that all the leagues have the bowling green pitches enjoyed by all levels of football on the continent, it would not cost that much really in the context of things. To me this would improve the quality in the lower leagues no end.

Chelsea have just given their pitch to Aldershot, because their reserves play their matches there.

these b teams

if they get promoted while the a team gets relegated, they get kicked out of the league, i presume?

Needs to be at least one league between the two. Fuck knows what happens if a team drops a couple of leagues, but I suppose it isn't aimed at those clubs. Those same clubs who hoover up any potential talent and then moan that they don't get to play in any games.

Who decides who can have one of these B teams then??

Is it the top 10 richest?? Or 10 league positions?

What happens if a team with a B team gets relegated?

Its a load of bollocks designed for the big clubs to have a low rent play ground for a gazillion kids.

Hope to god this doesn't get passed.

Who decides who can have one of these B teams then??

Is it the top 10 richest?? Or 10 league positions?

What happens if a team with a B team gets relegated?

Its a load of bollocks designed for the big clubs to have a low rent play ground for a gazillion kids.

Hope to god this doesn't get passed.

Nail on head.

Just seen Greg Dyke on TV. C'mon, you wouldn't even buy a used pencil from that guy. "It's backed by the top clubs". You don't say !

Born in Hayes Middlesex "Dyke has jointly supported Manchester United[35] and Brentford F.C. all his life." (Wiki). Nuff said.

Don't forget the big clubs wanted the Premier League set up back in the early 90s, one of the aims of which was to develop a much stronger England team. Roaring success they made of that, huh. Well they did fine for themselves anyway, so that's OK. Innit ?

I'm assuming these proposed 'B' sides would be entirely composed of ENGLISH players only, since the aim of the exercise is to improve the national team ...........

Unlike the average-club turkeys in the old 1st Division at the time that voted for Christmas, this time the League clubs that aren't among the chosen few should really dig their heels in.

'But if it works for Spain .........'. OK, let's change the national strip to red & blue; maybe that'll work.

Edited by Rembrandt

• Moderators

Gartside out and all that

i thought julie was above all that....

i could spell it out for the hard of thinking but i fear it would be a waste of time

its up there with plebs nicking uniteds song and singing 'bolton wanderers is in the wrong hands'

all these lads need to do is ring eddie up and make him an offer

League 3 is never going to happen. The FA have no real powers over either the Premier League or the Football League. I don't even know why they think that everything should be geared towards a successful national team since most supporters care more about their clubs than they do about England, so why destroy the league just to promote the national team on the off chance that it might deliver some success for the first time in decades? There's more chance of us blundering our way to the latter stages of a competition by sheer luck than suddenly producing a team full of world beaters.

i thought julie was above all that....

i could spell it out for the hard of thinking but i fear it would be a waste of time

its up there with plebs nicking uniteds song and singing 'bolton wanderers is in the wrong hands'

all these lads need to do is ring eddie up and make him an offer

I've backed Gartside in the past but things that have come to light lead me to believe he is a cunt if the highest order

I'm not going into it on here but I'm entitled to my opinion

If that makes me "hard of thinking" in the view of someone who defends the indefensible then so be it