Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

Absolutely, it almost makes it worth getting relegated.

The station reopened in 1995 & we last played there in 1993.

Aye

We supped in the station which was a pub at the time

It didn't turn out well

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Can hide behind the players all he wants, Solskjaer but bottom line is the bloke is a bum and they've rushed right into signing him on full time.

He's Coyle-esque, thinks invoking some 90s memories and ways of playing is the way to go. He'll be wearing a Ferguson mask next.

Nice bloke, daft accent, shit manager. Keep it up. 

The bigger problem than Solskjaer is that Jose spent big money on players that aren't good enough for a title winning side.Lukaku would do a decent job for Arsenal or Spurs but isn't Man Utd standard and Fergie got rid of Pogba because he was a lazy twat.Pogba hasnt changed,He can be world class for a month as seen at the World Cup but is too lazy to work as hard as that for a full season.These players wouldn't get in City's team.

Anyway that was a good result for all Scouse haters.The Man Utd fans can have a laugh at the half empty Deansgate on City's title parade, there would be no upside to Liverpool winning the league.So the Man Utd fans i work with tell me

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Absolutely, it almost makes it worth getting relegated.

The station reopened in 1995 & we last played there in 1993.

I’m oddly looking forward to Mansfield more than I should considering they are not up yet. It’s one of those old cliched shit places and yonks since I’ve been. Lord Byron  I think was the pub nearest the ground. 

Wouldnt mind this away day as first up

7 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The bigger problem than Solskjaer is that Jose spent big money on players that aren't good enough for a title winning side.Lukaku would do a decent job for Arsenal or Spurs but isn't Man Utd standard and Fergie got rid of Pogba because he was a lazy twat.Pogba hasnt changed,He can be world class for a month as seen at the World Cup but is too lazy to work as hard as that for a full season.These players wouldn't get in City's team.

Anyway that was a good result for all Scouse haters.The Man Utd fans can have a laugh at the half empty Deansgate on City's title parade, there would be no upside to Liverpool winning the league.So the Man Utd fans i work with tell me

Half empty Deansgate? Bollocks youre definitely a closet red

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m oddly looking forward to Mansfield more than I should considering they are not up yet. It’s one of those old cliched shit places and yonks since I’ve been. Lord Byron  I think was the pub nearest the ground. 

Wouldnt mind this away day as first up

Nice of them to name a pub after me. 

3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

So are Arsenal.

Arsenal have been a bit flaky at the back recently and I reckon Chelsea will beat Manure at OT and nick 4th spot which Arsenal should have had wrapped up by now - although Chelsea are also capable of imploding and have a tougher run in. Gutted for Rob Holding doing his ACL though. Spurs aren't completely out of the woods yet either. 

• Members
11 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Arsenal have been a bit flaky at the back recently and I reckon Chelsea will beat Manure at OT and nick 4th spot which Arsenal should have had wrapped up by now - although Chelsea are also capable of imploding and have a tougher run in. Gutted for Rob Holding doing his ACL though. Spurs aren't completely out of the woods yet either. 

Have to disagree. Nailed on for 3rd place. Champions of Europe?

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Have to disagree. Nailed on for 3rd place. Champions of Europe?

My mate was a scout for Spuds and they're in his blood but he's absolutely bricking it for the Wet Spam game - and yet we both know they should win comfortably and cement 3rd spot. But I do like to wind him up about it. Tipping Chelsea for 4th despite their tougher run in and Arse for 5th.

Struggling to see a convincing case for Spuds to win the CL though.

• Members
1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

My mate was a scout for Spuds and they're in his blood but he's absolutely bricking it for the Wet Spam game - and yet we both know they should win comfortably and cement 3rd spot. But I do like to wind him up about it. Tipping Chelsea for 4th despite their tougher run in and Arse for 5th.

Agree. Probably a Barcelona-Ajax final?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Ajax look great 

Half that team will get snapped up if they haven’t already 

Barcelona have already agreed to sign De Jong (21) for £65m, and are sniffing around De Light (19) for £50M+

3 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Ajax look great 

Half that team will get snapped up if they haven’t already 

Yeah similar to the likes of Porto and Monaco in the past. It's good that now and again you can still get a team come relatively out of nowhere and go far in Europe, in this age of all the leagues being covered on telly and few unknown teams etc.

Although back in the days of me being a full on World Soccer magazine geek and obsessively watching shit like J-League highlights, I'd have obviously known about this Ajax crop for 2 seasons already ;)

On 26/04/2019 at 10:54, Hoppy510 said:

Spuds doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today. Drop another clanger against Bournemouth or Everton and they could finish 5th.

38 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Spuds doing their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory today. Drop another clanger against Bournemouth or Everton and they could finish 5th.

If Spurs finish 5th but win the Chumps' League, and Arsenal (or Chelsea) finish 6th and win the Europa League then 4th place will NOT get a place in next season's CL.