Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Just watching Newcastle game, reminded of a fact I was told t'other week.

Pope the Newcastle keeper was in same class at school as the 2 little girls Huntley killed in Soham and that Maxine Carr was the class room assistant. 

Never checked if true. 

Dean Moxey playing for Torquay v Derby in fa cup now, aged 36 I think, he used to play for derby so he must be buzzin to be playing against them at this stage if his career.

I may get slated but I always rated him quite highly when he played for us, found him to be solid n dependable.

It’s sunny on the south coast today 

49 minutes ago, Ani said:

Was reported at £10k per week 

Same with the big throw guy from Cheltenham, and £8k pw suggested for Kyle McFazdean.

Really chucking the money about. Crowds are good, in the 8-9,000 most games and there is enormous enthusiasm in the town but that doesn't mean they're trading sustainably.

If they don't get up this season there's a big bubble to burst.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Same with the big throw guy from Cheltenham, and £8k pw suggested for Kyle McFazdean.

Really chucking the money about. Crowds are good, in the 8-9,000 most games and there is enormous enthusiasm in the town but that doesn't mean they're trading sustainably.

If they don't get up this season there's a big bubble to burst.

The message on his boots might have seen a lesser well paid player gone 

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Dean Moxey playing for Torquay v Derby in fa cup now, aged 36 I think, he used to play for derby so he must be buzzin to be playing against them at this stage if his career.

I may get slated but I always rated him quite highly when he played for us, found him to be solid n dependable.

Nothing against Moxey but I thought he was terrible, unbelievable that he made a living mainly in the championship.  Lacked pace and the ability on the ball you'd expect at that level.  Same goes for Andy Taylor; 2 very limited left backs for that level, different types of players but imagine them trying to get in an attack minded IE team ahead of Iredale or John.

• Members
2 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

You deserve all of the shit that comes your way. He was fucking dreadful, the bowlegged cunt.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Just took 3 weeks to cancel a goal for Juve. I fuckin hate VAR with all my heart.

The World Cup is going to be a nightmare :(

They had it in the last one 

Seem to recall the Russians took the piss in some of their own games letting obvious stuff go 

Edit

This 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/2018-world-cup-spain-russia-var-sergio-ramos-no-penalty-putin-joke

• Members
8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Utd getting pumped.

Always a source of intense pleasure.

Regarding Villa and Emery however, one swallow does not a girlfriend make. I have a severe lack of knowledge about football (as the great one has highlighted) but I am sure that I heard two blokes in a pub one time discussing something called 'new manager bounce'. I deduced that this was nothing to do with Shore Hardness but rather an opinion that players raise their game to impress a new manager and that often things can regress to a point which is worse than it was before the new manager arrived. Time will tell but never, ever doubt the genius of the master of condescension. If he predicts that Unai Emery will be an abject failure it is certain to come to pass is it not?

This weekend I have been very impressed with Arsenal, Napoli and Benfica. All playing out of their skins and consistently paying off for the punters club I am involved with which places doubles bets with a Ladbrokes odds boost every weekend, some midweek league rounds and on most European nights.

This coming midweek and next weekend will be the same formula.

I wonder how patient the rags will be with Erik ten Months?