Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Bellingham was absolutely superb in El Clasico. Not sure when they will rebuild around him but it has to come.

Harry Kane had a blinder of a day too! Anything Beckham could do, he can do betterĀ ;)

It builds your hope for the Euros. Those 2 smashing it up in their leagues only makes you think we will be better come next June

2 hours ago, tomski said:

It builds your hope for the Euros. Those 2 smashing it up in their leagues only makes you think we will be better come next June

Add Maddison and Saka into the mix too.Ā  Maddison has been top class for years, he didn't get picked by Southgate till this season so missed a world cup, he's only got about 5 caps compared to 30+ for the likes of Dier, Mount, Lingard, Sancho.Ā Ā 

Anyway that's 4 top class players to build a team around.Ā  Or if your Paul Merson, top top players.

19 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Trafford just got lobbed from 40 yards today

He's getting no protection from that Burnley defence but safe to say he's struggling. A Championship loan to someone like Leicester would have been more worthwhile, but hard to turn down the opportunity to be #1 in the PLĀ 

Trafford used to stand well out of his goal for us for no apparent reason and its just asking for trouble.

Enjoyable to see Burnley playing their way into trouble every week.Ā  They look half decent going forward but the fannying around at the back plays into the opposition's hands.Ā  Kompany and the owner Pace seem genuine and likeable which is annoying, but hopefully they'll be back in the championship next season despite 2 of the other relegation spots being already sorted, effectively.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Have to agree. That Southgate chump is a lucky fucker.

Hes going to need some proper luck in the biggest of games to see it through thats for certain.

Unless hes learned not to let games pass him by....

Wish we could draft Jose in for the final :D

• Members
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hes going to need some proper luck in the biggest of games to see it through thats for certain.

Unless hes learned not to let games pass him by....

Wish we could draft Jose in for the final :D

His track record here is shite. Maybe if he concentrated more on the tactics of football instead of seeking sainthood.............................

2 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Despite the Sky pundits trying to convince me otherwise I have come to the conclusion that this United side is fucking shite. šŸ¤£

tbf, with Charlton, Law, Best, Morgan, McIlroy, Crerand, Buchan, Stiles, Kidd etc., etc. I still thought they were nothing more than lucky.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

tbf, with Charlton, Law, Best, Morgan, McIlroy, Crerand, Buchan, Stiles, Kidd etc., etc. I still thought they were nothing more than lucky.

Iā€™m loving every minute of their descent into chaos. šŸ˜‚

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just lost their last two league games!

It's brilliant when your team beats the best, even if it's rare.

Ā 

You can't win them all obviously. But the point I'm making is the fans probably go in to every game expecting to win at least 3-0. When you've won everything that's on offer where do you get you kicks from? Being a City fan now is light-years away from being a City fan at Maine Rd.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Underpants said:

You can't win them all obviously. But the point I'm making is the fans probably go in to every game expecting to win at least 3-0. When you've won everything that's on offer where do you get you kicks from? Being a City fan now is light-years away from being a City fan at Maine Rd.Ā 

Iā€™d swap to be fair then probably skulk off. They deserve every inch they have been given.Ā 
Ā 

39 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

What an absolute brat that Antony is. Probably been told he's brilliant since he was a kid and now he's in a shit team he acts like a little bitch.

Anyway, no-one does pile ons about United better than Neville and Keane, looking forward to it.Ā 

I know thereā€™s not a direct correlation between on the pitch and off the pitch behaviour, and Iā€™m not saying he did what heā€™s accused of just because he had a swipe at a City player, but it doesnā€™t surprise you to see some of the allegations against him - as you say, he comes across as a petulant little twat who has a very short temper!

I thought he was suspended by the club anyway?Ā