Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clarke Carlise

superjohnmcginlay

So when a cancer sufferer does an interview with a newspaper, do you dismiss them as an attention seeker who should be getting treatment rather than speaking to a journalist?

I have never said he is attention seeking I have said he should still be getting treatment.

Cancer is a whole different issue to mental illness.

Someone who is clearly unwell (or is a suicude attempt not an indication of that) should be receiving serious treatment away from the media. If you can't see that you are an idiot.

I have also never said he is a cunt but carry on.

Tell that to Gary Speed's kids. Maybe if Speedo had been open about his problems, he'd still be here now. It's exactly this "it's only a mental illness, it's not as serious as other diseases" attitude that makes it difficult for sufferers to discuss it.

How is saying he should be having treatment still saying "it's only a mental illness".

If one thing this thread shows its that people believe mental illness is very serious and complicated

Tell that to Gary Speed's kids. Maybe if Speedo had been open about his problems, he'd still be here now. It's exactly this "it's only a mental illness, it's not as serious as other diseases" attitude that makes it difficult for sufferers to discuss it.

I am assuming you are not a doctor ? Talking about any illness can help, but the talking is not instead of trying to get better.

Little knows Carlisle and what he is saying is that Carlisle talks about his problems but is not doing enough to tackle the problem ( that is Littles view, like you no medical qualifications).

To use your dramatic cancer example, sell the story of your illness to the Sun, but then not have chemo.

My partner has a chronic illness, she talks about, blogs about it , volunteers at the treatment clinic as much as she can, but she also follows every bit of advice in terms of treatment bad recovery. Is Carlisle doing as much as he can to recover/fight the illness or does he deal with the guilt by selling his story ?

People who have such illnesses can get things wrong and if they do other people can point it out. Surely the fact someone suffers from depression does not exclude that person from criticism ? If he is constantly drink driving then surely he or someone needs to take action to stop him before he kills someone which even without being a doctor I know is not good for someone with depression.

Part of it was that he'd just been binned by ITV, so financial realities will have been part of the decision to sell his story.

I have the utmost sympathy with anyone suffering from depression, but ultimately he's continually putting other people's lives at risk. Depression or not, it's only sheer luck that he hasn't killed someone and become a pariah.

Every bad thing somebody does can be put down to a mental illness of some sort. You still need to have responsibility for your actions, or be put away where you're no longer a threat to others.

...Do people really think Carlisle threw himself under a lorry to avoid a drink drive charge or sell the story to a newspaper?

Ordinarily, you'd think "No, absolutely not", but there's been unfounded rumours circulating  that Clarke Carlisle  was frequently spotted on the coast road of Walney Island, Cumbria, throughout November, in the company of this fella, their mode of transport? Yup, you've guessed right, a goods wagon...*

lee-majors-star-of-large-picture.jpg

* I reserve the right to come back and edit or full stop this post, in case of events taking a turn for the worse.

So what about the fact that Carlisle IS undergoing treatment?

Are you once again being deliberately arguementative ?

Carlisle starts treatment and then drops out, then he lapses, does something, then starts treatment.

It is a cycle, Little has seen this happen to someone he once called a friend.

Little says that his sympathy has run out, everyone knows that Carlisle needs help, not just turn up to the odd session.

Which bit did you disagree with ?

• Site Supporter

I have experience of someone who followed the same pattern that Carlisle seems to have done, that being his drinking being blamed on his depression, endless occurrences of drink driving & when his behaviour caught up with him outpourings of self disgust & self pity & a seemingly improvement in his behaviour until the heat was off....then back to the same cycle.

Just because Mr Carlisle is suffering ( which I have no doubt he is) it doesn't mean he is incapable of being selfish, devious & manipulative. I just hope he finds it within himself to genuinely seek the help he requires before it is too late & he ruins not just his own life.

Sure i heard motson on match of the day last night saying how good it was to see Clark Carlisle back as the camera panned to  a radio or tv commentary box at the qpr v soton game. 

Surprised he is well enough to be working again.

Edited by bgoefc

• 4 months later...

See, this is the point with cunts like Carlisle....depression is shit and makes you have horrible thoughts but for fucks sake if you want to kill yourself do it in your own space.

This poor guy has ended his life because of Carlisle's actions. Hope the cunt is very ashamed of himself!