Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Ever wondered what it is like to be a manager building up to deadline day?

Bolton boss Phil Parkinson reckons he needs four players to bolster a push for an immediate return back to the Championship, but his club are under a transfer embargo.

He said: “On Monday, I was up until the early hours speaking to the chairman, then I spent the whole of Tuesday on the phone.

“At one point I thought we could end up with six new players but all the deals are hanging in the balance and you could end up with none.

“We had a lad in on Tuesday for a medical but it didn’t go too well, so we have had to move on from that.

“People always say ‘why are you leaving it to the last minute?’. It is because clubs won’t let players go until they have got one in. There is a domino effect we are right bang in the middle of.

“It will be a case of keeping the phone on and getting business done but I just want to get to Thursday.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37228534

• Members

Iles latest

So let's update the INCOMING DEAL-O-METER...

(likely)

KESHI ANDERSON (PALACE)

BEN ALNWICK (PETERBOROUGH UNITED)

GEDION ZELALEM (ARSENAL)

JAMES HENRY (WOLVES)

TOM HATELEY (UNATTACHED)

IAN LAWLOR (MANCHESTER CITY)

THOMAS SORENSEN (MELBOURNE CITY)

(unlikely)

• Moderators

Iles latest

So let's update the INCOMING DEAL-O-METER...

(likely)

KESHI ANDERSON (PALACE)

BEN ALNWICK (PETERBOROUGH UNITED)

GEDION ZELALEM (ARSENAL)

JAMES HENRY (WOLVES)

TOM HATELEY (UNATTACHED)

IAN LAWLOR (MANCHESTER CITY)

THOMAS SORENSEN (MELBOURNE CITY)

(unlikely)

had to google them all, bar Sorenson, who is now 40 and that Zelalem who came across yesterday

Anderson has a good scoring record so far, though one club was Barton Rovers which I think was in Roy Of The Rovers

Alnwick and Lawlor are keepers, the former asked to be transfer listed by Peterborough for personal reasons

thought James Henry was black, he's not

Tom Hateley is Mark's son, last seen playing for Slask Wroclaw

Had to google all of them apart from Sorenson, for those who know as little as I do...

Alnwick is the Posh keeper who has been transfer listed for personal reasons, originally from the North East so perhaps he wants to get a little closer to home? Played 80 games for them since 2014 though. Looks like him, Sorenson (40 years young now) or Lawlor who played a dozen games on loan at Bury last season for a keeper option

Not much known about Keshi Anderson, got 3 goals in 7 games on loan to Doncaster last season but then broke his leg and didn't play again

Zelalem as has been said played on loan at Rangers getting 8 assists (Another lightweight Wellington no doubt)

James Henry, centre / right winger, 27 years old with circa 200 league appearances. Over 6 ft which is a bonus, not sure what to expect from him though

Tom Hateley is Mark's son, 148 apps for Motherwell, also played in Poland. Not sure what position he plays but 11 career goals would make me think he isn't a striker

had to google them all, bar Sorenson, who is now 40 and that Zelalem who came across yesterday

Anderson has a good scoring record so far, though one club was Barton Rovers which I think was in Roy Of The Rovers

Alnwick and Lawlor are keepers, the former asked to be transfer listed by Peterborough for personal reasons

thought James Henry was black, he's not

Tom Hateley is Mark's son, last seen playing for Slask Wroclaw

Bastard

Ha ha