Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Atherton Colls V Bwfc

Ratwhite

I really hope folk don't start all this shit in the ESL next season. I was hoping they'd be true to their word and never step foot in the ground again.

I was one who wasn't overly keen on his appointment due to his past form of volatility but if he's heard the insults and not waded in then he's clearly a changed man and fair play to him.

• Site Supporter

Neil Lennon is marvellous. We are lucky to have him, if he gets support and a few more stay aways return (not the ones who bring religion in to it), who knows where it could take us.

Bolton has always been a club in my lifetime which can really do some damage when we gain some momentum

Neil Lennon is marvellous. We are lucky to have him, if he gets support and a few more stay aways return (not the ones who bring religion in to it), who knows where it could take us.

Bolton has always been a club in my lifetime which can really do some damage when we gain some momentum

Marvellous.

I was there too and didn't hear anything at all. Saw NL arrive, was stood near the dugout in the second half, and clapped him and the players off near the 'tunnel' at the end and there was no hint of even any anti-Leicester animosity, let alone anything sectarian. One bloke did shout that the pubs were shite in Leicester, but by way of encouraging him to stay, rather than in an abusive way.

Let's hope this is bullshit, or been massively overblown. That's not to say these people and their bigoted, backward views have gone away of course. These people's grandparents were the ones putting "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" signs up in their windows a couple of generations ago. I just hope they know they're not welcome here, never have been and never will be. Surely their other love - the one whose colours they more often prefer to wear than BWFC's - needs them more than ever now? So please do us all a favour and fuck off and watch them permanently.

Anyway, a lovely afternoon out. Well done the club and Lenny for doing something to help out local grassroots football. And great to see that Atherton is still a Wanderers stronghold after all these years. Long may that continue. NLSWA.

Edited by davidjack

• Site Supporter

Our fans are the worst in the country by a long way

Well at least you've finally admitted what the rest of us have been telling you for years. Scousers are the biggest cunts breathing.

Well done Ryan.

Edited by Spider

Our fans are the worst in the country by a long way

Says the one that is always on here supporting another club. We do have some dickheads but as Mounts says some top lads as well. Sick of so called (in your case) Bolton fans blaming the fans for everything bad about the club, overall the fans are the best thing about it.

• Moderators

Well done to Colls who catered for the crowd accordingly and with the extra bars and food showed us how to make an event of a game of football rather than shipping people in and out of a soulless morgue. Many of the folk who usually watch the games were roped into action to help out so must be applauded.

I saw stuff that the orange warriors would have dealt with, and ruined the day. Good to see so many people visiting my adopted homeland anyway, seeing it's a great place for a beer and still white heartland despite being neglected by the club over the years.

Well done to Colls who catered for the crowd accordingly and with the extra bars and food showed us how to make an event of a game of football rather than shipping people in and out of a soulless morgue. Many of the folk who usually watch the games were roped into action to help out so must be applauded.

I saw stuff that the orange warriors would have dealt with, and ruined the day. Good to see so many people visiting my adopted homeland anyway, seeing it's a great place for a beer and still white heartland despite being neglected by the club over the years.

Great set up at colls.

1500 on?

• Moderators

Aye, absolutely ram packed in the blazing sun. A triumph for the Colls.

Football wise, the way Connor Wilkinson and co were dealt with and Colls having the better chances, it looks like next season they'll be up there.

Those giving the abuse are wankers. It will be accepted though as they are drinkers, good lads, or whatever other bollocks gets spouted. It's embarrassing. I am glad I never bothered now.

Luckily sectarian shite can be dealt with using banning orders at league games. Hopefully they get fucked off. We don't need them at our club.

From what we heard it was 2 lads walking behind Neil Lennon's car when he was leaving, they were singing 'their' songs, we will be totally devastated if it has any long lasting effect on our relationship with BWFC, they did us proud yesterday and it is something we hope continues.

The most worrying thing is after a poor run of games this could become more widespread. Feels like it's been bubbling under by some since his arrival, can only hope they never get the excuse they are waiting for.

From what we heard it was 2 lads walking behind Neil Lennon's car when he was leaving, they were singing 'their' songs, we will be totally devastated if it has any long lasting effect on our relationship with BWFC, they did us proud yesterday and it is something we hope continues.

I hope it doesn't pal. Sadly these people are probably the ones who put money on the gate in a big way. Why people think it's acceptable is beyond me

Those giving the abuse are wankers. It will be accepted though as they are drinkers, good lads, or whatever other bollocks gets spouted. It's embarrassing. I am glad I never bothered now.

Luckily sectarian shite can be dealt with using banning orders at league games. Hopefully they get fucked off. We don't need them at our club.

. Well said Ian

A good day had by all yesterday with a massive thanks to Bolton Wanderers and Atherton Collieries.

As a very proud Athertonian and Bolton Wanderers supporter of 55 years It was great to see a Wanderers team at my local teams ground. Despite the side being mainly of younger players I hope this can be a regular fixture before the season begins. Atherton LR was always the team from Atherton who attracted the Wanderers pre season who then always put out a strong side.

Atherton Colls have had one fantastic season and to those who thought the Wanderers should have won easily  remember! Colls are a damn good side. I have seen them many times last season and they entertained each time I saw them.

I sincerely hope the Colls made a bit of revenue from the game, they deserve it. The amount of times the club house has been broken into and vandalised is diabolical.

Colls are a great club with tradition, lets hope for more of the same next year.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, Colls did a great job putting the day on and deserve the financial rewards that came with it.

Perfect result from a personal point of view as well, looking forward to another good season for Colls and hopefully a few more kids progressing with BWFC. Always known it, but great to see such resounding confirmation that Colls is very much BWFC country.