Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

If Lennon hadn't got us relegated this wouldn't be such an issue.

If people didn't hang on the every word coming out of court then they wouldn't get in such a panic. Take away all the 'almosts' and 'nearlys', nothing is different from the fact we are midway through a takeover.

If people waited for the final outcome rather than hanging on every fucking tweet then they might keep some sanity. Maybe we did get lucky yesterday, or maybe Birch actually knows what he's doing, whatever it is we didn't go bust and we SHOULD get taken over in the next 2 weeks.

If it does happen and the tax man is subsequently paid then all that has happened is we have been taken over, no other consequences, no points deduction, the only adverse affect I can see is we lost Ameobi and we haven't yet been able to tie down Holding. There's just been a lot reported in between with people making statements and basing opinions on every word. If we do go bust in 2 weeks then feel free to go mental, I might join in too.

If it does go through fine within the next 2 weeks then there is one man to blame (in the current situation) in my opinion. Neil Lennon. If he kept us up as he should have done then we just have a transition season from one owner to the next. We're still in the same league, we still keep our best youngsters and we go again next season. Unfortunately he is clueless and has relegated us, this will be connected to the takeover and it will all be ED's fault.

I'm not sure there's a manager in this league that would have kept us up under the circumstances.

I'm not sure there's a manager in this league that would have kept us up under the circumstances.

What circumstances? We haven't lost any big players from last year, he went out and signed about 10 in the summer (badly), he can't blame the lack of a striker because it was his choice to spend the budget making sure we had 2 right backs, 2 left backs and 5 centre backs, there will be plenty in the league with less resources than him. The one thing he had to deal with is the players being paid late one month, other than that it is all being exaggerated because we are shit, we lose most games and we're bottom of the league which is his fault.

What circumstances? We haven't lost any big players from last year, he went out and signed about 10 in the summer (badly), he can't blame the lack of a striker because it was his choice to spend the budget making sure we had 2 right backs, 2 left backs and 5 centre backs, there will be plenty in the league with less resources than him. The one thing he had to deal with is the players being paid late one month, other than that it is all being exaggerated because we are shit, we lose most games and we're bottom of the league which is his fault.

Big players from last year? We ain't got any big players. We were fucking shit last season and the season before with these big players.

He was shopping in poundland in the summer - I'd not heard of one of the players he'd signed bar Madine and that was only because he was bellend who like to punch blokes in the face for kicks.

Chuck in the takeover hanging around like a bad whiff, Mjalby leaving, funding being pulled, Gartside's illness and death. Its hardly been a walk in the park has it?

Granted, he aint exactly covered himself in glory, and it's probably best if we looked elsewhere but its been a total shitstorm for the fella from start to finish.

Wherever he ends up next it won't be half as difficult as he's had it here.

Edited by mickbrown

What a cunt eh?

So, if these figures are even vaguely accurate, ED's main crime was not to stick a flag up 3/4 years ago and say he was running out of money and could not keep bankrolling things?

Had he put the club up for sale in, say, 2012,we'd have had a crowd of eager bidders and by now could be rubbing shoulders with the elite?

What if he has been trying to do that since 2012 though, and there have been no interested parties that he considered worthy?

All the while, his family have stood by in horror as a large chunk of his hard-earned fortune has dribbled down the Reebok gutters, presumably reminding him that they don't want their inheritance to be a big house on a shit island in the Irish sea and a bank account full of coppers.

HE'S GOT IT WRONG. (I've put that in capikal letters this time). He's got it wrong.

But, I still say he's let his passion for the club cloud his judgement. It's shit, but I reckon many of us may have made the same mistake.

Let's see what happens

The club has been up for sale throughout those recent years.

The simple fact is that no rational millionaire sees BWFC as a future credible challenge, especially with the Manc clubs on the doorstep.

As for AO.com, put yourself in his position. Would you risk a large part of your money on such a project in the sure and certain knowledge that you would get dog's abuse over the internet a few years down the line?

totally agree ???? the budget he had was wasted on players he never plays and he had the cheek to have a go at freedman for having an unbalanced squad.

The club has been up for sale throughout those recent years.

The simple fact is that no rational millionaire sees BWFC as a future credible challenge, especially with the Manc clubs on the doorstep.

As for AO.com, put yourself in his position. Would you risk a large part of your money on such a project in the sure and certain knowledge that you would get dog's abuse over the internet a few years down the line?

Fans fault again. Brilliant.

Fwiw it's worth agree about AO man. It's his money, he can spend as he pleases. Difference with Eddie is he took this commitment on, reaped on it while good. Then decided it wasn't for him while bad.

So far all fair. But to charge what he is for something that run in to the ground that only SS would be stupid enough to take on is killing the club.

I just wish there was more transparency coming out of the club (and I know that due to the nature of a takeover there never will be) but I am in agreement, I think, in ED retaining 15m loan with the club

Otherwise whats to stop Deano , having paid his £1 for the club and assets, then getting Miller Metcalfe in to flog of the stadium, what car parks we have left, the hotel and Lostock training ground?

At least Ediies secured 15m loan, means there is less profit to be made by Deano

• Moderators

He was shopping in poundland in the summer - I'd not heard of one of the players he'd signed bar Madine and that was only because he was bellend who like to punch blokes in the face for kicks.

Amos as well

he's not on peanuts

Big players from last year? We ain't got any big players. We were fucking shit last season and the season before with these big players.

Chuck in the takeover hanging around like a bad whiff, Mjalby leaving, funding being pulled, Gartside's illness and death. Its hardly been a walk in the park has it?

Granted, he aint exactly covered himself in glory, and it's probably best if we looked elsewhere but its been a total shitstorm for the fella from start to finish.

Wherever he ends up next it won't be half as difficult as he's had it here.

You are not wrong but Lennon has wasted the minmal budget he had last Summer. Three right backs that he hardly used and he still thinks Vela is the best option.

He should have prioritised another decent loan forward rather than more defenders. Also he continues to pick the wrong team. Trotter not being picked vs Ritherham was scandalous and he admitted as much after the game. Spearing ignored for most of the season is also ridiculous.

However, it matters not as we are a mess on and off the pitch!

I just wish there was more transparency coming out of the club (and I know that due to the nature of a takeover there never will be) but I am in agreement, I think, in ED retaining 15m loan with the club

Otherwise whats to stop Deano , having paid his £1 for the club and assets, then getting Miller Metcalfe in to flog of the stadium, what car parks we have left, the hotel and Lostock training ground?

At least Ediies secured 15m loan, means there is less profit to be made by Deano

I agree

To give the stadium and Deano for £1 with no strings would be insane

If that was the deal then anyone could take the club, sell the stadium & assets then put the club into administration making a huge profit very quickly

If ED was the cunt that folk are making out then he would have liquidated the club 6 months a go, sold all assets off and taken all the money

Instead he's limped through and sold bits off such as car parks and training grounds just to pay the wages. Surely he would have trousered this money and still not paid the wages if he was only in it for himself?

As it stands he's selling it for £1 with no guarantee that he will ever get a penny more

The issue has polarised opinion and I think that I sit somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't call ED a saviour, all he's done is prolonged administration from 2003 to 2016 however I believe the £1 deal with potential add on's is more than fair considering he's handing over the stadium & lostock academy in return

Amos as well

he's not on peanuts

True, but he's on less than the two blokes he replaced, so that's us quids in in the keeper's wages column (if such accountancy terms exists and if doesn't it should)

Edited by mickbrown

Guest GudniB

True, but he's on less than the two blokes he replaced, so that's us quids in in the keeper's wages column (if such accountancy terms exists and if doesn't it should)

Saying that you only lost £1,000 on the horses this week and that's better than the £2,000 you lost last week is not exactly 'quids in'  - in any column.

Saying that you only lost £1,000 on the horses this week and that's better than the £2,000 you lost last week is not exactly 'quids in'  - in any column.

Ok - we're spending less on wages on keepers this season than we did last season.

Sound any better?

• Moderators

Ok - we're spending less on wages on keepers this season than we did last season.

Sound any better?

maybe, though not when one of them keepers became our #1 when in the PL and will have been on a decent amount from the contract he got in 2012, when we were still pissing money up the wall

i.e.  10-16k a week may look like a saving from 18k or whatever he was on, but you could no doubt get 2 Rachubkas for far less, probably, or promote from within and actually cut your cloth accordingly

these are the type of decisions that presumably got us where we are today

maybe, though not when one of them keepers became our #1 when in the PL and will have been on a decent amount from the contract he got in 2012, when we were still pissing money up the wall

i.e.  10-16k a week may look like a saving from 18k or whatever he was on, but you could no doubt get 2 Rachubkas for far less, probably, or promote from within and actually cut your cloth accordingly

these are the type of decisions that presumably got us where we are today

Aye - especially when Amos hasn't exactly been pulling up trees this season

Financial embargo to continue, and FA to monitor spending by the club.

Whilst the embargo I accept due to non reporting and standard rules, I'm struggling to recall another club that would have any potential signings (after embargo) to be ratified by the national association?

Thoughts on this?

Financial embargo to continue, and FA to monitor spending by the club.

Whilst the embargo I accept due to non reporting and standard rules, I'm struggling to recall another club that would have any potential signings (after embargo) to be ratified by the national association?

Thoughts on this?

My first thought on signings had been that we would be in the market for good youth players not expecting to get first team opportunities at their current club. But they could be subject to tribunal fees, and I'm not sure we will be allow blind fees.

As the FA Youth Cup semis are Blackburn v Chelsea and ManCity v Arsenal, there could be some prospects locally.

Blackburn's first leg is on ITV4 on Friday week (18th), btw.

• Site Supporter

Thing is whenever one of our young uns has been given a go, they have done pretty well. Walker wasn't stunning last year, but the team's performances tailed off and he showed some promise.

Clough and Holding have done well and Woolery starting to look half decent. Yet he persists with overpaid duffer's who have given no indication that they are really that arsed.

Thing is whenever one of our young uns has been given a go, they have done pretty well. Walker wasn't stunning last year, but the team's performances tailed off and he showed some promise.

Clough and Holding have done well and Woolery starting to look half decent. Yet he persists with overpaid duffer's who have given no indication that they are really that arsed.

Think that's a tad harsh

Clough has played every game he's been available from my recollection

Holding has been a mainstay as well

That leaves Woolery who granted hasn't started recently even though he's showing promise. If he puts Woolery on who are we going to leave out? If your thinking of Heskey or Madine (I.e a big un) then we become very lightweight with Feeny, Clough, Woolery etc up top. Going long isn't an option meaning we have to play out from the back. I just don't think our back 4 is up to it, we've seen numerous calamities playing out from the back and I think we could get opened up this way and start to lose by 4's and 5's

Saying that we've nowt to lose I suppose

Unless we drop Clough and have Woolery playing off Madine or Heskey?

Edited by birch-chorley