Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

We build lidls, and you're wrong. Aldi have a similar format. It's off the trees and out of the ground, quicker than any other outlet in the UK. Their chillers are minimal in size because it's in and out before you can say pesticide.

Conversely morrisons have the marketplace fresh format which is nowt much more than spraying the stuff in store with moisture to fool people that it's fresh.

Carry on...

Didn't mean quality, Aldi and Lidl do good stuff, the worst is perhaps Sainsburys, pipping Asda as it's dear and crap... About the display comments I meant folk 'displaying' it at home, after buying from the supermarket (because it keeps longer than market stuff) but they end up binning it eventually.

And nb, most veg keeps, and to be honest, my fruit and veg comes from a greengrocer I pass everyday, my reply about the market was mainly about buying 'trolleyfulls', anyhow, my definition of odd and a waste of time is watching the box, which is 99% shite, not buying and preparing food. It takes all sorts tho', so I don't go on the telly thread to berate the posters as oddbods :p

Edited by Youri McAnespie

No you just berate folk for suggesting that people are too lazy to feed their kids properly when it's obvious to all but the thickest of mouthbreathers that it can be done affordably, though might mean weighing up whether that's more important than fags.

I have been nipping up to Greeleys and the Salad Bowl a couple of times a week

Im not sure i will go back to supermarket food buying (apart from the basics) again.

I dont think its more expensive and it all tastes great

Even got fishmongers now (m&o) where i get my smoked kippers

No you just berate folk for suggesting that people are too lazy to feed their kids properly when it's obvious to all but the thickest of mouthbreathers that it can be done affordably, though might mean weighing up whether that's more important than fags.

What's up with taking kids to Morrisons cafe for a free feed? My initial post was half-joking anyway. I couldn't give two shits what folk feed their kids, gressingham duck and ratte pots or twizzlets and fries, chances are they'll all turn out chubsters either way. Spend more on tabs and the kids can have seccys, tabs are appetite suppressants.

What's up with taking kids to Morrisons cafe for a free feed? My initial post was half-joking anyway. I couldn't give two shits what folk feed their kids, gressingham duck and ratte pots or twizzlets and fries, chances are they'll all turn out chubsters either way. Spend more on tabs and the kids can have seccys, tabs are appetite suppressants.

I could give you about 6 solid evidence based reasons why those kids would be much better off in the long term getting a home cooked meal, its part of what i do now. But it would you would probably simply turn it into some class based whataboutery. 

• Site Supporter

I could give you about 6 solid evidence based reasons why those kids would be much better off in the long term getting a home cooked meal, its part of what i do now. But it would you would probably simply turn it into some class based whataboutery.

To be fair, they may have nutritious home cooked food 6 days a week so a Morrisons Cafe is hardly going to kill them. On the other hand that meal could be the best one they have, who knows?

Why there's all this handwringing from middle-class bedwetters (not just here) about the topic of how povos should feed their kids is a mystery to me...As a potential future victim, if I could choose the health status of my future burglars or muggers, it'd be the fat breathy unhealthily wheezy lardarse smoker every time.

The thing is, most Doctors smoke anyway. Most of them are addicted to cigarettes and they are having one within five minutes of giving out stern health advice. The hypocrites warn people against cholesterol, tobacco and alcohol and then are off outside for a fag next to the Bins.

The thing is, most Doctors smoke anyway. Most of them are addicted to cigarettes and they are having one within five minutes of giving out stern health advice. The hypocrites warn people against cholesterol, tobacco and alcohol and then are off outside for a fag next to the Bins.

And class As

• Moderators

not sure that is true

well, difficult to prove anyway

can't say I've ever had doctor warn me against anything, I just show him my cock, he gives me some cream and I'm on my way

think you're confusing them with health authorities

• Members

We build lidls, and you're wrong. Aldi have a similar format. It's off the trees and out of the ground, quicker than any other outlet in the UK. Their chillers are minimal in size because it's in and out before you can say pesticide.

Conversely morrisons have the marketplace fresh format which is nowt much more than spraying the stuff in store with moisture to fool people that it's fresh.

Carry on...

With aldi I'm surprised at that. It's the only supermarket I've bought stuff like veg, fruit and onions from only to get them home and find out they're going off.

Not every time but enough to make me stop buying then from there

not sure that is true

well, difficult to prove anyway

can't say I've ever had doctor warn me against anything, I just show him my cock, he gives me some cream and I'm on my way

think you're confusing them with health authorities

Get with the 21st century, grandad, it's common practice to carry photos of one's cock on a phone these days, for such eventualities.

• Moderators

I've just actually seen this on my Facebook feed, apologies if you were just quoting this satirical peace...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/all-doctors-smoke-20160301106699

Virtually never buy fruit and get from a supermarket. Can get better quality, cheaper if you're prepared to put some effort in.

That said, the odd meal in a date, maybe on shopping night is hardly going to mean instant lardification.

How much effort?

Gotta love a bit of wanderersways snobbery.

Coz everyone has the time and energy to get all the veg from a greengrocers and meat from a butchers or get to the market on a market day.

Heaven forbid folk like to let their kids have a meal from a cafe from time to time.

But thats just it! Its the norm rather than the exception. We see more and more of the overfed yet malnourished. Forgive me for having some professional concern.

So what's the solution?

You've got twats like Jamie Oliver telling folk what to eat and deriding people for providing foods their kids like.

My lad eats pretty healthy as the Mrs is a veggie and likes to cook anyway. But I can't stand when folk look down on folk who might not have the skills to prepare and cook a meal for their kids. My mum was a home economics teacher so I grew up knowing how to cook,bake etc. There's plenty of folk out there who don't have the knowledge/time to make food from scratch.

So what's the solution?

You've got twats like Jamie Oliver telling folk what to eat and deriding people for providing foods their kids like.

My lad eats pretty healthy as the Mrs is a veggie and likes to cook anyway. But I can't stand when folk look down on folk who might not have the skills to prepare and cook a meal for their kids. My mum was a home economics teacher so I grew up knowing how to cook,bake etc. There's plenty of folk out there who don't have the knowledge/time to make food from scratch.

I agree with the treat or one off thing but people who can't cook should learn how to cook. It's not hard to put that bit of effort in.

You can knock up a bolognaise from scratch in the time it takes to chop an onion and open a tin of tomatoes.

So what's the solution?

My lad eats pretty healthy as the Mrs is a veggie and DOSE NOT SUCK COCK anyway. But I can't stand when folk look down on folk who might not have the skills to prepare and cook a meal for their kids. My mum was a home economics teacher so I grew up knowing how to cook,bake etc. There's plenty of folk out there who don't have the knowledge/time to make food from scratch.

• Site Supporter

Called in at Morrisons on my way home around 4:50pm. I was shocked at the number of families with their kids still in uniform sat in their cafe tucking into the pie and chips/ chicken nuggets and chips and other similar shiite for tea.

Go into the supermarket you lazy twats, buy some fresh meat or fish and veg and salad and fucking cook it when you get home!

Which morrisons?

• Site Supporter

Gotta love a bit of wanderersways snobbery.

Coz everyone has the time and energy to get all the veg from a greengrocers and meat from a butchers or get to the market on a market day.

Heaven forbid folk like to let their kids have a meal from a cafe from time to time.

What's snobbery got to do with anything?

People make lifestyle choices, it's up to them. Already stated a meal out is not the crime of the century.

Don't buy this lack of time crap that's too readily used though. Of course there are occasions when time is short, but let's be honest, for many, its an easy excuse. But its up to them- supermarket shopping doesn't prevent you from being healthy!