Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

When I went out regularly, The Bar was turning people away. Some fat cunt bouncer with a shit zig zag beard saying "no Rockport". Oh aye, we all were head to toe in it!

Now, The Bar is only a slight step up from The Balmoral, selling whatever they can to anyone who wanders in. Rockport would be over dressed.

Fuck drinking in Bolton, fuck shit bouncers, fuck The Bar and fuck Rockport.

'The Bar' and it's (or rather the tits who ran it) laughable 'exclusivity'...

Anyone would think they had had the latest incarnation of Studio 54.

They turned away a mate one evening because he had a black eye - he'd been boxing at The Albert Halls and half the folk out in town had been to the show, yet it was still a "no" and the manky velvet rope went unclipped.

I have a story about the reality behind 'The Bar' that makes their notion of being billy big bollocks even more laughable.

Has it shut down yet, or are they still desperately peddling smoothies alongside serving up daytime pisscans to make ends meet?

• Site Supporter

What exactly did he say that was so offensive, I assume he acted the dick and referred her as he, even though she had long hair and wore a dress or am I missing something?

• Site Supporter

he mistakenly said he..

and apologised as soon as someone pointed it out to him..

reckon if that's the only newsworthy story from council meetings, its a sad state of affairs..

Bin wars on Monday was great fun, as people ran to collect their bin before it was taken away forever, to be replaced by one smaller..

Wasn't it his lad who, inbetween his Saturday job and paper round, was a councillor for somewhere in Westhoughton, whilst living in Dalton-in-Furness...

The problem with politics is only twats get involved and/or can tolerate all the petty bollocks and interminable meetings and wankery that go with it.

I've only been out drinking in Bolton a couple (or maybe 3) times in the last few years, but I've had a brilliant night out each time.

Perhaps it's the company I was with, rather than the place and I reckon that goes for anywhere.

Go out with the preconception that somewhere is a crappy shithole and you'll return home believing it.