Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Stevenage is a good example. We went for a drink pre-match around the old town and it was quite pleasant, but the newer parts of town are an absolute shithole, God alone knows why @Sweep chooses to drink there.

• Members
1 minute ago, Traf said:

Stevenage is a good example. We went for a drink pre-match around the old town and it was quite pleasant, but the newer parts of town are an absolute shithole, God alone knows why @Sweep chooses to drink there.

Town centre is a bit grim as well but problem is it's because of the historical background with Stevenage being the first new town and pedestrianised town centre so it's all conservation areas and listed buildings, so there isn't much they can do 

Plus they are proud of the fact and probably wouldn't change much even if they could 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Town centre is a bit grim as well but problem is it's because of the historical background with Stevenage being the first new town and pedestrianised town centre so it's all conservation areas and listed buildings, so there isn't much they can do 

Plus they are proud of the fact and probably wouldn't change much even if they could 

They can't possibly be conserving that concrete shithole, can they?

33 minutes ago, Traf said:

As stated plenty of times, the old town is nice for eating and drinking, the "new" town is a fucking grim hole - the other week was the first time I've had a drink in Stevenage (apart from the old town) for about 15 years. It'll be at least another 15 years before I venture there again I reckon

33 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Main bolton news headline

Good news 

A New Shoe Shop opening 

in the market place 

To be fair - its more about the town being able to attract larger brands back into the town centre.

Does cracking business come new term time for school shoes that place - we've got one in our town centre and its always busy.

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Anyone recommend a decent breakfast in town centre on Saturday morning to line the stomach before a few pre-match pints? Normally go to Amico but they’re shut for refurbishment. 

Odessa

15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Do for me 👍 

Think it's either called the Odessa Stack or the Odessa Favourite, will knock a good few years off your life expectancy but well worth it 😀

50 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Think it's either called the Odessa Stack or the Odessa Favourite, will knock a good few years off your life expectancy but well worth it 😀

Our run-in is already doing that. Don’t think I’ll live long enough to see the Championship again. 

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Our run-in is already doing that. Don’t think I’ll live long enough to see the Championship again. 

Why do we do it, when we know if we went up we'll be embroiled in heart attack material like the Barnsley/Burton/Forest run in from 2018 again 😂