Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jonah Lomu

Elson

He wasn't 'that' big or ''that' fast tbf. Big for a winger granted. Just had a turn of foot and amazing handling skills. I say just, I'll upgrade to unfuckingbelievable! His rare kidney condition was well known, please let's not suggest stuff that his talent, which was really about timing, was anything to do with anything untoward. RIP Jona

He wasn't 'that' big or ''that' fast tbf. Big for a winger granted. Just had a turn of foot and amazing handling skills. I say just, I'll upgrade to unfuckingbelievable! His rare kidney condition was well known, please let's not suggest stuff that his talent, which was really about timing, was anything to do with anything untoward. RIP Jona

He was 6'5 , weighed in at 262lb and could run the 100m in 10.2, sorry but to me thats big and fast

First of all, not that big or fast??

He was 6ft 5, 18 and a half stone and did the 100m in 10.8 seconds

So much bigger and much faster than any other back had ever been before

Secondly, his kidney condition was well known as it was diagnosed pretty much just as he came to the fore

But what's also well known is the link between the likes of steroids use and subsequent kidney damage

I'm not saying I personally think he was a drugs cheat, but those rumours were abound early in Lomu's career

First of all, not that big or fast??

He was 6ft 5, 18 and a half stone and did the 100m in 10.8 seconds

So much bigger and much faster than any other back had ever been before

Boltonian Cyril Holmes ran 10.5 for 100 metres in Zurich in 1939, having won the sprint double at the 1938 Empire Games in Sydney. He lost what might have been his best years to the war, but was capped 3 times for England RU as a winger in 1947 and 1948.