Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Rotherham 1

miamiwhite

Youre crazy

Mavies made that win today

Really ? As I said he had 2 assists so you can argue he made the win but so much of the game passes him by. If we are playing 3 in midfield it is trotter, pratley and spearing for me especially away from home.

The midfield conundrum was a marginal call, yes Trotter was unlucky not to start, but You could say Lennon made the right call, Spearing scored and Davies set both up, Pratley more of a goal threat so can see why Lennon selected the 3 he did. I'm going to defend Lennon yesterday he had a bad hand and got a result with it.

It's no coincidence that Rotherham spent 20 minutes in our half once we went to just feeney up top. We went from minimal outlet to zero.

We gave them the advantage straight by seemingly playing for a point.

Still don't think you can play welly and feeney in same team.

Re the sarcastic cheers when pratley went off, I saw that as the fans wanting an attacker on rather than having a pop at pratters. Hence the attack attack chants a little later on.

The fans were more than patient, as ever yesterday.

It's no coincidence that Rotherham spent 20 minutes in our half once we went to just feeney up top. We went from minimal outlet to zero.

We gave them the advantage straight by seemingly playing for a point.

Still don't think you can play welly and feeney in same team.

Re the sarcastic cheers when pratley went off, I saw that as the fans wanting an attacker on rather than having a pop at pratters. Hence the attack attack chants a little later on.

The fans were more than patient, as ever yesterday.

The problem for Lennon was he didn't have a like for like replacement for Heskey, Feeney or Woolery up top would have been similar outcome both can run the channels but can't really hold it up with back to goal.

Lennon's a moon man. As Cas says, we won despite him

It's a win but we were dire

Washing machine can get to fuck. Though I'm sure he'll struggle to run anyway with Eavesy's tongue hanging out of his arse

Trotter has really stepped up for me. I'd love to see Holding next to someone that can defend too

How quick was Woolery n all?

Would like to see Woollery play off Madine,but Lennon prob won't do it before last 20 mins of a game. Trotter made a big contribution at both ends in a short time and Spearing showed what he can do, especially last 15 mins or so, loads of tackles and headers that kept us in possession. Holding's a real prospect, learning the hard way in a crap team with a lump beside him, no wonder somebody tried to steal him on deadline day

I thought bringing trotter on for Heskey and moving Feeny up top and central was a good move

Heskey was gone and we were desperate for trotter in the middle

Should he have made a double sub then and bring Woolery on at the same time? For me that would have been too risky

For what it's worth Feeny was put through 1 on 1 almost immediately after the change. I don't mind him being put through the middle here and there - he's our joint top scorer after all

Any road the anti Feeny mob near us had a field day with it and they were screaming for Woolery - not sure how much of him they've seen to be screaming for him mind

Glad the lad got a goal - let's hope he can kick on

As has been said before though - not sure how you fit Clough, Feeny, Silva, Mark Davies and Eoolery in the same side??

I thought bringing trotter on for Heskey and moving Feeny up top and central was a good move

Heskey was gone and we were desperate for trotter in the middle

Should he have made a double sub then and bring Woolery on at the same time? For me that would have been too risky

For what it's worth Feeny was put through 1 on 1 almost immediately after the change. I don't mind him being put through the middle here and there - he's our joint top scorer after all

Any road the anti Feeny mob near us had a field day with it and they were screaming for Woolery - not sure how much of him they've seen to be screaming for him mind

Glad the lad got a goal - let's hope he can kick on

As has been said before though - not sure how you fit Clough, Feeny, Silva, Mark Davies and Eoolery in the same side??

Absolutely this!!

Up front is an issue we can argue about all day. Heskey Madine Woolery dobbie all have their limitations.

However, the most baffling decision was not playing trotter. What a difference he made. I also thought Spearing battled well but Pratley is not being played correctly by Lennon.

Heskey was like Trevor Morgan on an off-day.

We were hardly blessed with options, I know, but he shouldn't ever start again.

I don't think you'd find anyone arguing with you there even Lennon wouldn't want to ever have to start Emile but we had cock all options with Madine, Clough and Clayton crocked and Ameobi out of contract

up until 60+ minutes davies wasn't in the game, til lennon realised he had to get someone with 2 miles of heskey to collect the 2nd ball

Davies didn't play well but clever pass for Spearing goal and assist in Woolerys goal, for iles to give that mark to Holding renders his opinion completely worthless, he was best defender on pitch by a mile.

On watching the highlights - he did get bum raped for their equaliser.

That was not a bum raping.

Midfield Lad ran through and knocked it past him to the 9

Who then crosses behind him and the lad behind Moxey finishes it

It's the midfield that were bum raped there if anyone

Watchi again and tell us exactly what you expect Holding to have done there?