Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fulham 1 Wanderers 0

victor meldrew

I'm in, never been to Fulham so might as well tick it off while I can. Anyone know if there's many places to put flags up in that away end? Anytime I've seen it on telly I've not spotted many flags knocking about

I'd say there will be about 4,000 seats to spread it out on.

The following here will show how big a club we really are IMO, even considering recent results.

Ref next season, I remember Sunderland's amazing following at Brentford many years ago (first game of season) when they fell into (the now) League 1, in the early 90's. (BTW i ain't comparing us to Sunderland).

I'm not saying we wont be a big club in League 1, but we aren't as big as some would believe.

It won't show fuck all haha it's a pointless end of the season game

It won't show fuck all haha it's a pointless end of the season game

You know you want to come Tom

An evening in the B-Swan, and then onto Fulham the next morning.....then a train back for another B-Swan session. I can even ensure we get a couple of "fingering" breakfasts in as well.

Tell me that doesn't sound great!

So "big" clubs stop going to the last away game of the season because they're already relegated?

Yeah right.....

Can't really compare 1st game of a new season to the last game of a relegation season. If the first away game in League 1 is in London, I'd expect a bigger turn out for that game than for Fulham away in a couple of weeks.

You know you want to come Tom

An evening in the B-Swan, and then onto Fulham the next morning.....then a train back for another B-Swan session. I can even ensure we get a couple of "fingering" breakfasts in as well.

Tell me that doesn't sound great!

It all sounds great. Wimbledon away?

Big clubs have more fans their not better fans than say the 50 Rochdale fans who go to somewhere like Plymouth for a night game. Always pisses me off when commentators say the likes of Newcastle are the best fans, they are not better, just more of them so more will travel. Our fans this season been very good decent numbers been traveling most games even though they expected to lose. I'm s shit fan won't waste money on team that have been putting little effort in and who have been prepared for relegation from day 1. Next season if we're having a go will do plenty away.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Big clubs have more fans their not better fans than say the 50 Rochdale fans who go to somewhere like Plymouth for a night game. Always pisses me off when commentators say the likes of Newcastle are the best fans, they are not better, just more of them so more will travel. Our fans this season been very good decent numbers been traveling most games even though they expected to lose. I'm s shit fan won't waste money on team that have been putting little effort in and who have been prepared for relegation from day 1. Next season if we're having a go will do plenty away.

I know an 80-odd year old bloke who rarely misses a 'Dale game.

Him and 3 of his similarly aged mates go home and away together, taking turns at driving, so they can get pissed.

You can't judge who goes/doesn't on any basis

I'm not judging, i'm commenting.

If you are taking a pop, then feel free.

One thing i can say with conviction is that over a 40 year spell, then there will be very few that have been to as many away games as me on this board.

Its easy to jump in the car at 2 and be back home to the nagging wife by 5-30 for home games.  

I'm not judging, i'm commenting.

If you are taking a pop, then feel free.

One thing i can say with conviction is that over a 40 year spell, then there will be very few that have been to as many away games as me on this board.

Its easy to jump in the car at 2 and be back home to the nagging wife by 5-30 for home games.

Haha. Taking a pop. Don't be daft. I'm saying this game has no bearing on our support

Fulham away thread. Destined to be a Superfan wank off from the minute it was posted!

Only joking folks. Enjoy your day out!

The last away game at Ipswich when we got relegated in 1981 was the super fan game, I was there so I'm a super fan.???? The funniest part of that day was a coach led by Ivan and his merry men found their way into the Ipswich end, strangely enough they couldn't find anyone who wanted to fight them.???? Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Fucking gutted, trains and hotel booked for two months. Can't go now due to family illness.

Managed to get the booking used, but I'm destined never to go to Fulham!!

Previous booking ended with a 5-0 dicking at Wembley due to fixture change.

Let the 900 bask in the sunshine, drink pints for me and celebrate the first away win of a shitty season.

BTID COYWM