Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Reading 1

globaldiver

Amos made a number of good saves in each half, no chance with winner for me, just a great strike unless C5 tell me otherwise later..

I didn't think the players out there today couldn't be arsed about losing, judging by a few of them's reaction to the goal going in, they'd worked hard to restrict Reading 2nd half and a point out of that game would have been as good as a win for giving a bit of something positive to take out of a game for a change. 

Vela was a passenger, should have been off well before the end.

Moxey was abysmal first half, marginally better 2nd.

Derik did his best to try and organise the defence and put a good shift in.

Reading were crap, horrible team.

Was strange (and sad) to feel like it was watching the last game of the season between two teams with nowt to play for when there's actually 7 more to endure    

Chins up and plan your league 1 visits

With the off and on pitch antics this must be the worst ever season that I can remember in 50 years - maybe equal to the relegation to the 4th division

Not equal in my book. In the 86/87 relegation season we won 8 home games and 2 away finishing the season 4th bottom and a mere 4 pts from safety. This is the worst in my lifetime although losing to the mighty Aldershot in the Play-offs was dire. We have played like a Div 2 team while masquerading in the Championship this season. My chin is up and hoping to enjoy the odd Saturday much more next season!

I thought the ref was going to book their man for diving when he sent Holding off. They managed to split us wide open too often though. Like most teams tbh.

Moxey was shit today. Kept missing headers by timing his jump wrong and gave the ball away nearly every time he had it. Pratley was shite too imo.

Need to see their goal again but Amos doesn't half get beat by a lot of long distance shots.

Could've been 5-0 though and they weren't even that good really.

One less game go watch though. That has to be a plus this season :)

Thought we were marginally better with 10 than 11 strangely.

Didn't feel that the players were comfortable with their roles at the start of the game.

Commented before kick off that we always have to try to work out the formation before kick off due to strange selections. Round pegs in round holes please next time Jimmy.

Considering the early sending off we did well not to get hammered, which a better side would have done.

Much more positional discipline and commitment on show if we are trying to take any positives from today.

And Bowtun bakeds trainers looked dangerously close to red

The filthy bastard

Surely not!

This is the most distressing news I've heard all day

Bowton turning Pinky?

Edited by Sweep

I'd resigned myself to relegation weeks ago but I was hoping, today, that they'd show some fight and something to look forward to next year. It didn't happen and I came away feeling as bad as I did against that Aldershot game mentioned above. Didn't think it was a penalty but blaming a shit referee for our predicament is pointless.

I've said previously that things will get worse before they get better. I honestly don't know how worse they can get.

Josh Vela is utter bogwank.

Yeah I agree. I really don't want us to lose some of our youngsters for next season, but Vela just doesn't cut it for me. He's not been great at his much prefered central midfield position, he's ok at right back if needed, but that's about it.

Vela was obviously in Dougie's bad books and later Lennon's too (possible attitude?) I just wonder whether we'd be best trying to sell him to say a Cardiff for 500K, especially if it means we can bring in a couple of quality league 2 players instead.

Edited by Blondi

That was horrendous

25% possession at home against a dreadful Reading side

All time low that in my time, much much worse than under NL

Granted that's not helped because we now pose even less of an attacking threat after losing Feeny

That's me done this season - 2 early kick offs were we are going to get our arses handed to us and a dire Tuesday night against the second shortest side in the division isn't a great propersition

Roll on August and the next game when we have something to play for

Edited by birch-chorley

Fucking grim that and I've never ever not given a fuck about a Bolton game as much as I did today went through habit - Norwood showed vela how far off an effective holding / passing midfielder he is he brings nowt to the party play trotter

Seriously I've seen loads of Sunday league players better than Vela, he is pinching a living.

Really don't know what to make of that. Think I was stupidly expecting so much more of a reaction following the Bristol game. Didn't see many if any of our players who won their individual battles against their opponents and imposed their game on them even before we went down to 10. Whoever the new Manager is they are going to have to bring in between 6 to 12 new players with a winning mentality so we can expect another bumpy ride next season.

Seriously I've seen loads of Sunday league players better than Vela, he is pinching a living.

Got to agree. Keep saying to myself he is just out of form as he looked like he might have a chance when he first broke but this is now a mighty long lean spell. Chased shadows all game and lucky to avoid a booking.

The cunt saved us from a hammering

Agreed. Amos was our best player by a mile and although he does get beaten form distance too Mich for my liking I'm pretty sure he was blameless for their goal. 'Twas like a rocket.