Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Oxford 2

gonzo

• Site Supporter

For the 1st time in more years than I care to remember, I came out wondering why I still go as I'm simply not enjoying it. I know I will be there again but more by habit than enjoyment. I've already decided not to bother with Bury though as they mean nothing to me and would rather watch on TV and switch off when it's crap.

Is Parky the right man for the job? Thought he was. Are his deadline signings good enough? Thought they were. We've been awful the majority of the season and poor the rest of it.

Trotter is a disgrace to the profession. Taylor in midfield didn't work but that's not really his fault.

I really don't know how we change things. I'm at a loss - this club is critically ill at the moment. We need a major overhaul and not sure Parky is the man even though I'd love him to be.

Best bit of today lasted 60 seconds from 17 - 18 minute

I'm still not seeing why trotter is the target of negativity. Especially when Vela is our option to replace him.

I'm not liking the diamond formation spearing and vela/trotter should be solid enough.

Get Henry and Taylor on the flanks.

Clough and Madine in the middle and keep it simple.

Need to play with proper wingers now on the bloody wing and stretch the play. Get some fucking crosses in.

Parky signed Chris Taylor, Henry & Ameobi who can all play on the flanks. Henry is playing more central and enough said about the other two.

• Site Supporter

I'm fearing for Parkinson he has the look of a haunted beaten man already is the job too big for him? maybe, is the club to big for some of the players? definitely we might have to bring Sam back to sort this this out.

Mounts

I think you need to dismiss the idea of Big Sam coming back ASAP.

It can only lead to madness.

It will not happen.

• Site Supporter

I'm still not seeing why trotter is the target of negativity.

Life is passing Trotter by, not just a game of football. The rest of your post is valid but Trotter is potentially the worst midfielder I've seen play more than 20 games for us.

I honestly don't see what he has to offer. He can't tackle, has no pace, doesn't create, no energy levels, doesn't win anything in the air. I really see no redeeming elements about his game.

Vela isn't brilliant but is energetic and wins the odd tackle and has even bagged a couple too.

I'm not on a witch hunt as I want all our players to play well and win us games and I'm quite happy for a qualified uefa coach to tell me why Trotter is worth a place but I'm not holding my breath

Utter shite if this carries on we will be relagated ! I thought it was bad under Coyle,Freedman and Lennon but ffs we are playing in league 1 now and we still can't score I agree with Mounts I think Parky isn't up to it and wtf is Trotter still in the starting line up!

The tactics are to easy for our opponents to work out and if Parky doesn't change it we will be lucky if we win another game!

Utter shite if this carries on we will be relagated ! I thought it was bad under Coyle,Freedman and Lennon but ffs we are playing in league 1 now and we still can't score I agree with Mounts I think Parky isn't up to it and wtf is Trotter still in the starting line up!

The tactics are to easy for our opponents to work out and if Parky doesn't change it we will be lucky if we win another game!

Anyone going on Tuesday night might as well go straight to the asylum afterwards.

I can handle losing, but I can't handle players who look like they have won a raffle to play 90 minutes for us.

Trotter is one of lazy, unfit or just shit. Probably all three.

Ameobi wouldn't get in our Vets side. He is, as far as I can recall in 35 years watching the whites, the worst non-footballer to pull on the shirt. Is he George Weah's cousin?

He tackles in the most extraordinary way, generally reaching because he has kneed it 5 yards away trying to control it. He tackled three times today near us with his heel while turning his back. I've never seen anything quite as odd or freakish.

It's humiliating, especially when he comes on for Clough.