Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Oxford 2

gonzo

The tactics will be easy to work out, the same one-trick job used at Bradford. As a Dale mate of mine said the other night, they're OK as long as you're grinding out wins, when you're not winning they're dull as f**k.

Today was every bit as dismal an experience as any home game last season. Bored shitless throughout.

Big concern for me is that those who took us down so lamely are a better option than any of PP's signings, with the honourable exception of Beevers. None of the rest have added anything at all. Although our pockets aren't deep anymore and we can't expect stellar signings, one decent one out of ten says a lot about either PP's judgement.

We did look a bit more likely with Madine and Clough up front first half, but even the most limited teams in this Division have people in wide positions with pace who can get around the target man and put half decent crosses in. None of our full backs have any pace and neither did today's two wide midfielders. Result, too predictable, too slow airways or backwards passing into congested areas.

Can understand to a point the triple sub, but it was a gamble that backfired big time. None of the three added anything and we quickly lost what bit of the initiative we had. Goal was on the cards well before it came. Second was a shambles right out of last season's catalogue of cock ups

A very concerning and rapid decline we don't seem to have any idea of how to arrest

The Trotter thing.

I thought he was useless last year. Then getting relegated he may show something?

He seems to be undroppable, so what is PP watching?

Thing is he looks like he should totally boss games with his physique but at full pace he is heavy legged. He panic passes or clumsily over hits passes.nothing changes with his style of play because I don't think he has it in him. I've tried to like him, but that's hard to do when your opinion is based on watching him so often.hes a lumox but it's not his fault

The Trotter thing.

I thought he was useless last year. Then getting relegated he may show something?

He seems to be undroppable, so what is PP watching?

Thing is he looks like he should totally boss games with his physique but at full pace he is heavy legged. He panic passes or clumsily over hits passes.nothing changes with his style of play because I don't think he has it in him. I've tried to like him, but that's hard to do when your opinion is based on watching him so often.hes a lumox but it's not his fault

He's our Claudia Winkelman; utterly pointless

Didn't go today but Trotters performance is as predictable as night following day.

I just don't see what he contributes.

Never a footballer.

a few on here said this when he was signed.

was obvious

you dont have to see a player playing 20-30 games for your team to realise someone is shite

That was the worst for a longtime and I thought Tuesday was bad.

No shots on target

Passing backwards and sideways

1 dimensional

No pace

Totally clueless in final third

Poor players who don't give a toss

No wins in 7

No goals in nearly 5

We didn't play that well in the first 4 games

As near the bottom as the top of the league

Flaming annoyed, drinking heavily to blot it out.

Parkinson needs to make big calls, first for me would be to send back any of the loan players we have there all shite, then bring back any of our players we have our on loan and give them a chance, promote the best 2-3 young players into the squad and give them game time, come the transfer window offer clubs Trotter and Moxey, I'd never play either ever again, employ a top class fitness and physiological trainer, any spare money use for someone who can score goals on a regular basis even if on loan. Most importantly play players who can play at tempo are motivated and fit to within an inch of their life's.

I would fire Parkinson now. He's a very limited football manager.

None of his signings apart from Beevers have improved us.

I don't mind playing long ball if we could actually sort the players out to play it properly. We have a bank of four, with another bank of four 5 yards in front and then a couple of fall guys fifty yards up the pitch. Any organised team with an organised defence and midfield will snuff us out as we are seeing time and again

We're getting comprehensively outplayed consistently by teams on a quarter of the wage budget we have. At least last season we were losing to teams on a level playing field to us wage budget wise.

Parkinson is so limited tactically. If he is still here in January, his sole solution to our problems would be to sign that lump Hanson from Bradford for a million. Utter, utter dog shit.

The one thing that struck me today was how quickly Oxford broke out of defense having a couple of outlets, we are so limited in that department, I said it last week and I'll keep on saying it Parkinson is a piss poor manager and will have us fighting relegation.

They seemed surprised when gifted opportunities before they scored. After their third attempt It was like they thought fuck me this lot are shit

Well , Tuesday night was dogshit, but today was a whole different level of shite!

What a fookin' embarrassment! Any of those tossers that have the temerity to call themselves 'professional' footballers, well they want shooting! The lot of them should give this weeks wages to charity because they certainly haven't earned them.

FFS, they can't even do the basics! Can't control the ball, can't pass it, slow, lazy, uncommitted, unmotivated, unfit, the lot of them can Fook off & die!

Add all that into PP's shite, negative & predictable tactics & we've got ourselves the perfect Shit storm!

Great respect for everyone on the 17th minute today, Oxford fans included, the only clap these current set of tossers would get is an aggressive type from a Shifnal St smackhead slapper.

What a disgrace!

That today was fucking dog wank.

Parky is seemingly a one trick pony, fucking changed the three up top with three like for like and hoped it would make a difference. When we go forward we are that pedestrian the other team can get back and get set. It's fucking piss poor, worse than last season and were now in a lower league.

That team is fucking rotton. Every team that has come to the Macron has played by far the better football. It's an embarrassment. How easy is it for teams to play little passes across our box and get through with ease. We are so shit it's unbelievable. No options for passing, no pace, no guile, absolutely toss. In all of our home games I've seen us create about 3 chances. Not good enough at all.

I didn't thing league one would be a walk in the park, but this is just a joke. No goals in 4 games and not even looking like scoring. I didn't think it could get any worse, but I'm afraid it has done. Why the fuck can't get a manager that wants to play a bit of football. I'm not asking for Pep Guardiola, but please let's have a bit of attacking intent and not a midfield that stands 5 yards infront of an already deep pedestrian back 4.

The diamond formation is not working at all. No width whatsoever. We're not cute enough with the ball to pass it through the midfield so we need to stretch the play a bit more. It's fucking rubbish and has been for ages.

Ordinary teams are looking like Barca compared to us. We look like a piss poor excuse for a team. Utter garbage.

Th'East Midlands Whites are just back and are drinking heavily and reflectively. Reflecting on the fact that it's 30 years since I last saw us still spiralling down whilst in the 3rd tier. Reflecting on the fact that between the %of the ST and the petrol costs I've just paid £45 to experience such execrably moribund pissfroth - from the performance on the pitch to the Phoenix Nights-esque set up of the club. Thus we have an announcer who couldn't string a sentence together trying to pun his way though the móng-catch, attempting to big up two "legends" - one of whom I barely remember and one who fucking works here, and tempting us with the delights of a "luxury" pie hamper or £20 at the Red Lion; and then after he's shuffled off and the players are back on, the music keeps going for the first minute of the half. I could almost hear Brian Potter screaming "get it off, get it turned off" while waving frantically. 3145 days ago we knocked Athletico Madrid out of Europe. On that day, Oxford were basking in the light of a recent 1-0 win over Droylsden, in the Conference, in front of an attendance only slightly bigger than the number of travelling fans we took to Madrid.

Fuck it.