Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Footballers Abused As Trainees

Ani

Is there a thread on here about all these allegations that are coming out about how young trainees have been sexually abused by coaches ?

Read somewhere this week that the coach involved had a lot of contact with Gary Speed as a kid.

Makes you wonder what demons he had in his head and where they came from.

• Site Supporter

It seems to be snowballing rapidly. New phone line has had fifty calls this morning.

Something very amiss- Gordon Taylor last night admitted there were rumours around at the time, but acknowledged that the necessary protection systems didn't exist then as it wasn't understood to be a potential problem.

Couple of well known players already, wonder what else might be revealed.

Think a few folk will be twitching this could be a massive scandal it seems a few players who been through Crewe have been abused I cannot believe this has gone on and other folk were not aware of what was going on.

I don't doubt this is going to be massive - every bit as big as the BBC cover ups

• Site Supporter

Just seen that interview with Paul Stewart where he's struggling to keep his emotions in check. What a brave bloke.

Yep.

Can't get it into my head why none of these kids managed to tell parents or someone in authority.

These cunts must have some serious power over these kids.

Amazing that this twat was convicted in 1997 and served time. Only now has the first managed to open up. Shocking.

Yep.

Can't get it into my head why none of these kids managed to tell parents or someone in authority.

These cunts must have some serious power over these kids.

Amazing that this twat was convicted in 1997 and served time. Only now has the first managed to open up. Shocking.

A mate of mine was an apprentice at a club who shall remain nameless. He had boot polish stuck up his arse which was on the finger of a senior pro. That kind of shit would be classed as abuse nowadays.

• Site Supporter

A mate of mine was an apprentice at a club who shall remain nameless. He had boot polish stuck up his arse which was on the finger of a senior pro. That kind of shit would be classed as abuse nowadays.

Absolutely right too.

Banter and pranks are all well and good, but sometimes shady fuckers will hide behind such actions

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket