Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

53 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Just watched 20 days in Mariupol on channel 4, that was a very difficult watch, grim as hell.

Just watching it now, harrowing, how the fuck the doctor's and hospital staff carried on I'll never know

• Members
On 11/03/2024 at 19:07, bolty58 said:

Shogun. Early days yet but seems superb. Get on it.

Getting further in and it is excellent. Don't say you weren't advised (remembering that JOL claims WA is thirty years behind).

• Members

Football related mini series - From Dreams To Tragedy.

Drama's - Manhunt and Apples Never Fall.

Watched the first of each except the Apples one which her indoors wants to start tonight. Other two well worth a watch from early impressions.

• Moderators

The Push

bloke in court accused of murder by pushing his wife off Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh

no actual witnesses, some circumstansial evidence and a history of domestic abuse

her and her family and friends, lovely normal every day people

his and his family and friends, right cunts

but no actual witnesses

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-push-murder-on-the-cliff

Just now, Zico said:

The Push

bloke in court accused of murder by pushing his wife off Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh

no actual witnesses, some circumstansial evidence and a history of domestic abuse

her and her family and friends, lovely normal every day people

his and his family and friends, right cunts

but no actual witnesses

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-push-murder-on-the-cliff

Watched this last week, quite interesting.

I watched one on C5 last night about a bloke who was a victim of domestic violence, also interesting,

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Traf said:

Watched this last week, quite interesting.

I watched one on C5 last night about a bloke who was a victim of domestic violence, also interesting,

aye, you want to say guilty, based on everything

but i thought you could only really judge a crime based on evidence pertaining to the actual crime

with the back story, there's far less doubt that there is doubt over evidence of what happened on the day and at the time of the incident

from a defence point of view, enough to cast reasonable doubt and get him off I'd say

I'd not feel comfortable finding someone guilty for that if they were getting a death penalty for it

mind you

even his defence said "Look, we know that he's a right horrible cunt, but he's not on trial for being a right horrible cunt"

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

aye, you want to say guilty, based on everything

but i thought you could only really judge a crime based on evidence pertaining to the actual crime

with the back story, there's far less doubt that there is doubt over evidence of what happened on the day and at the time of the incident

from a defence point of view, enough to cast reasonable doubt and get him off I'd say

I'd not feel comfortable finding someone guilty for that if they were getting a death penalty for it

mind you

even his defence said "Look, we know that he's a right horrible cunt, but he's not on trial for being a right horrible cunt"

We did one of these Trial night things couple of weeks, was good. Similar questions were raised, they are never to use a cut and dried case I suppose. 

https://murdertrialtonight.com

12 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Watched My wife my abuser on channel 5, what an evil bitch she is, truly shocking.

yeah, that's the one I watched last night. How he resisted the temptation to seriously hurt her is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. Looking forward to it. The two programmes following it look good as well - one about The Clash, other about Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex

Heads up @bolty58 if you weren’t aware

Cheers for the heads up

I’ve recorded both the Specials & The Clash. More of a Clash man though.

“The only band that mattered” 😂

43 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Cheers for the heads up

I’ve recorded both the Specials & The Clash. More of a Clash man though.

“The only band that mattered” 😂

Couldn’t make a choice between the two tbh. Although The Clash were first and have a bigger, better catalogue of songs

Actually really interested in the Poly Styrene story. 

• Members
13 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. Looking forward to it. The two programmes following it look good as well - one about The Clash, other about Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex

Heads up @bolty58 if you weren’t aware

Cheers pal.

• Members
21 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Football related mini series - From Dreams To Tragedy.

Drama's - Manhunt and Apples Never Fall.

Watched the first of each except the Apples one which her indoors wants to start tonight. Other two well worth a watch from early impressions.

Apples Never Fall doesn't live up to the other two IMO. Missus loves it though. Bit on the chick flicky side for me. Nevertherless, two episodes watched. Got to keep the other half happy to make sure she keeps me happy ;)

Maybe just seems like it after watching the excellent Shogun and the very good Manhunt.

On 20/03/2024 at 08:55, bolty58 said:

Apples Never Fall doesn't live up to the other two IMO. Missus loves it though. Bit on the chick flicky side for me. Nevertherless, two episodes watched. Got to keep the other half happy to make sure she keeps me happy ;)

Maybe just seems like it after watching the excellent Shogun and the very good Manhunt.

Just done the Apples one 

Enjoyed it 

well worth a watch