Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Short term debt that will have to be paid, I suspect is higher now than 2 years ago. Of course the long term debt to Eddie/Brett etc has diminished greatly. But the short term loans to facilitate the purchase of the club will be greater than anything 2 years ago I suspect.

Are we losing more money per month now ?

If the fee is anywhere near £8m would you take if ?

Are we losing more money per month now ?

If the fee is anywhere near £8m would you take if ?

I'm not running the club. I'm a fan.

If we have 6M up front and invest some now in some proper signings it makes sense financially. A big risk, but still. 

If we don't invest in players, sign a few cheap loan types and go down and the money is swallowed up what are we left with?

I'm not running the club. I'm a fan.

If we have 6M up front and invest some now in some proper signings it makes sense financially. A big risk, but still.

If we don't invest in players, sign a few cheap loan types and go down and the money is swallowed up what are we left with?

You are moaning at the Anderson from a fans point of view. But they are businessmen so they will make a business desicion.

We all would like to ignore the financial side of this but that did not work out that well did it ?

Selling your top scorer whilst in bottom three will also piss fans off. But does not mean it is the wrong business desicion.

You are moaning at the Anderson from a fans point of view. But they are businessmen so they will make a business desicion.

We all would like to ignore the financial side of this but that did not work out that well did it ?

Selling your top scorer whilst in bottom three will also piss fans off. But does not mean it is the wrong business desicion.

Like I say there is a balance. A singular good fee will go quickly and if it means you are relegated as a result, suddenly the good money is neither here nor there. 

Clough was good business as we got a fee in excess of what he was probably worth and his contribution to the team could be replaced even though the players signed were inferior. 

The problem I have with selling Madine today is purely whether we bring in a proper permanent replacement who will replace fully the contribution we've lost. If we do then fine. But I strongly suspect we will not come close. 

• Moderators

if the owner is ultimately responsible for club issues, surely he gets credit for turning madine froma laughing stock into a 6 million (yeah, i know) player

its our job now to do it again with another one

and sell him

then do it again

its what a club with 12k fans does in this league

all the stayaways moaning can fcuk right off and never darken our door again

if they hadnt fcuked it off, maybe we could hold on to players

You ask if we sell him and still go down, what do we have , a club for one thing

Until the next bill needs paying....and if we lose the championship revenue that comes around pretty quickly. 

If the situation really is we either sell Madine or go bust then fine. But then I'd not be bothering spending money on Chungy or anyone else. 

if the owner is ultimately responsible for club issues, surely he gets credit for turning madine froma laughing stock into a 6 million (yeah, i know) player

its our job now to do it again with another one

and sell him

then do it again

its what a club with 12k fans does in this league

all the stayaways moaning can fcuk right off and never darken our door again

if they hadnt fcuked it off, maybe we could hold on to players

Correct without an investor it’s the model for a club of our size and can be a successful one too