Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

If Evatt can get him back to his best we'll be a real threat down both sides. That said Williams has played on the right wing more than at LWB so there will surely be a period of adjustment?  Still it's all positive and the recruitment again looks astute at first glance. Another one I really hope does the business for us.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is there a reason he's left then?

Looks like he wasn’t part of the new managers/owners plans

“He went to the Championship, played games in the Championship but Hull have changed their policy with what they’re doing there with a change of ownership and change of manager.

“Randell has become available and we’ve beaten other teams to his signature.”

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, desperado said:

Looks like he wasn’t part of the new managers/owners plans

“He went to the Championship, played games in the Championship but Hull have changed their policy with what they’re doing there with a change of ownership and change of manager.

“Randell has become available and we’ve beaten other teams to his signature.”

Fair enough, bit odd though if fans rate him. Their loss. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Think they acknowledge he wasn’t at the level needed for the champ but say he’ll do a very good job in L1. 

Well we will see soon enough!

Not quite sure how a player can be so good in L1, receive plaudits from fans of a championship club for his abilities there, but not be good enough?

The hope would be that this is a square peg in a square hole signing. If Hull play 4-4-2 it probably didn't suit this lad as much as our system does. Sometimes that's how it works in football. If he suits our system he might flourish. He's certainly got quite a lot of experience under his belt now. 

I guess this one was in the works before Iredale's injury so it re-enforces the belief that John is on his way out. It's a question of when and how much we get for him. Not sure what it means for Owen Beck.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well we will see soon enough!

Not quite sure how a player can be so good in L1, receive plaudits from fans of a championship club for his abilities there, but not be good enough?

Hull are looking to cut squad numbers and costs so I think that’s a significant factor too.

2 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Daniel Braaten had blistering pace. JSL. 

When we signed Reiss Greenidge IE described him as "6 foot 6, lightning quick and has an exceptional football education.  We are excited to have him".  Since then, I've tended to make my own mind up 😄

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Hull can't be completely skint, they've just offered to run free coaches for their fans to all their remaining away games.

Yep, saw that. But Rosenior has stated that the squad is too big and he’ll trim the squad.

Freeing up wages will help pay for the coaches I suppose.