Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
On 01/02/2024 at 14:55, Not in Crawley said:

Only ever seen photos of Brian Johnson in that sweatshirt - must have got a job lot.

there's 4 I've seen (larger images available on request)

176593184_10157979282392045_510211513493

176756360_10157979282012045_655397543257

175955338_10157979281787045_796144514107

175066217_10157979281612045_236302239282

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Wasn't it because Brian Johnson was mates with someone high up at the club at the time?

Aye, the manager, John McGovern pictured with him in the first pic 

Club were skint so he got them in for a bit of fund raising

10 hours ago, Zico said:

Peterborough really do have a knack of finding good forwards and selling them on for decent fees 

Incredible how many they have unearthed in last 10 or 15 years.  They seem to sell one every year then just replace them with another goalscorer nobody's heard of.   Mackail-Smith was the first I was aware of, what a player he was; Assombalonga, Dwight Gayle, Aaron McLean, Marriot, Ivan Toney, Clarke-Harris, Mason-Clark to name a few.   

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Incredible how many they have unearthed in last 10 or 15 years.  They seem to sell one every year then just replace them with another goalscorer nobody's heard of.   Mackail-Smith was the first I was aware of, what a player he was; Assombalonga, Dwight Gayle, Aaron McLean, Marriot, Ivan Toney, Clarke-Harris, Mason-Clark to name a few.   

Barry Fry might come across as a bit of a clown but he's clearly got a great eye for spotting a centre forward. 

Just now, paulhanley said:

Barry Fry might come across as a bit of a clown but he's clearly got a great eye for spotting a centre forward. 

... except himself.

He believed he was the replacement for Nat Lofthouse. Not sure he got that one right.

Just now, jmjhb said:

Why walk tomorrow?

See the game out, being professional. Think PP did something similar with us. Not my rumour. Part of me wants them to stay up as I think we will terrorise them!!!!

17 minutes ago, tomski said:

Rumours Jon Dahl Thomason is walking after Blackburn game tomorrow. Can’t wait to by pass those fucktards.

Apparently there was a routine Friday press conference which got delayed then the club instructed the media that Thomason epuld not, after all, attend. The spokesman said this was the Club's decision, not J-D T's

He signed 6 players this window.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

Apparently there was a routine Friday press conference which got delayed then the club instructed the media that Thomason epuld not, after all, attend. The spokesman said this was the Club's decision, not J-D T's

He signed 6 fingers this window.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

See the game out, being professional. Think PP did something similar with us. Not my rumour. Part of me wants them to stay up as I think we will terrorise them!!!!

No chance they are going down, look at the teams below them.  And they have the championship's top scorer, they'll get plenty wins.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, tomski said:

Would love to play them next year. So I hope they stay up. 😊

A Derby game I would genuinely look forward to.

The likes of Accy, Morecambe, Fleetwood just feel so small time and (despite our decent record) prospects of a defeat to clubs like these loom large beforehand and a win is more of a relief.

Wigan games I just hate and Blackpool similar. That said I'd love to beat them both on our way up.

And then I'd look forward to Blackburn, Burnley and Preston with a lot more enthusiasm.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Would love to play them next year. So I hope they stay up. 😊

A Derby game I would genuinely look forward to.

The likes of Accy, Morecambe, Fleetwood just feel so small time and (despite our decent record) prospects of a defeat to clubs like these loom large beforehand and a win is more of a relief.

Wigan games I just hate and Blackpool similar. That said I'd love to beat them both on our way up.

And then I'd look forward to Blackburn, Burnley and Preston with a lot more enthusiasm.

Proper derbies for me them 3 

50 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Proper derbies for me them 3 

They're the top three Lancs derbies for me. The big city clubs who are nearby are bonuses and generally out of our orbit. Blackpool comes close to that bracket but not quite and I hate playing them. Wigan - others have articulated. 

When we start recording wins against Burnley, PNE and Blackburn then we really can say Bolton are back. And hopefully we can push on further from there.