Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Faal signed on an 18 month deal he could still play a big part, just because the trend is 1 upfront doesn’t mean that will continue 

Also doesn’t mean he can’t be the one who plays upfront. We’ve no idea how good this lad is. He’s lightening quick which I imagine when you see that kayne woolery scored a fair few in this league that if faal has some ability (which he looked to have in the videos that went around) then he could well score a good few 

we are doing what we always do as a fan base and writing a player off before he’s even got started. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Also doesn’t mean he can’t be the one who plays upfront. We’ve no idea how good this lad is. He’s lightening quick which I imagine when you see that kayne woolery scored a fair few in this league that if faal has some ability (which he looked to have in the videos that went around) then he could well score a good few 

we are doing what we always do as a fan base and writing a player off before he’s even got started. 

Said this other day

he’s young 21/22 and is goal scorer ok not the most physical but he doesn’t have to be unless we plan on thumping it long

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Said this other day

he’s young 21/22 and is goal scorer ok not the most physical but he doesn’t have to be unless we plan on thumping it long

Isn’t he about 6 foot 5  or something with a bit of pace it’s league 2 a gangly quick forward might cause team’s problems even if its coming off the bench . Darcy back on board anyway good news 

Edited by Farnywhite

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I'm definitely not writing him off, I hope he's the new Ian Wright.  Just that typically, managers going to new clubs at the start of a season bring in their own players, unless they are walking into a squad with bone fide 1st team players.  If we had a Jason Lowe and David Wheater, everyone knows about them, they are going to be trusted from day one to be more than good enough for league 2.  If you're Faal, you have to not only prove yourself from day one but also make sure you are better than the new players coming in your position.  And its also true that not only do most teams play 1 up front, and that player is very rarely a slightly built player, he's normally a Murphy, Madine or Gnanduillet.  Just my prediction that he wont get a look in unless we fail to sign at least 2 strikers.

Matt Mills released by Forest Green

The are going to be some quality players begging for any sort of contract come late August .

We have maybe six or seven under 23s that will start the season. I think we need to add maybe half a dozen experienced players in the coming couple of months. Throw in maybe Hobbs on a pay as you play contract. Really think we should be looking at a first team squad with as few as 18 this season.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

The are going to be some quality players begging for any sort of contract come late August .

We have maybe six or seven under 23s that will start the season. I think we need to add maybe half a dozen experienced players in the coming couple of months. Throw in maybe Hobbs on a pay as you play contract. Really think we should be looking at a first team squad with as few as 18 this season.

Aye, but he's not one of them.

Good set of young lads just need a few experienced old heads around them.....Point I am saying is the will be players who on any other given season would not play in lge 2 for the money we are offering.

This season will be the exception 

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just on Faal, I hope he's brilliant for us, but I feel like he's not going to get a look in with the new manager.  They have no excuse not to sign tried and tested Div 2 strikers, given that we are the big fish in that league.  Which manager is going to put his reputation on the line using a player from the 7th tier in such a crucial position.  Faal's best bet is to go to wherever Hill ends up, we might even get a small fee.

Give me a list of available "tried and tested Div 2 strikers,"

3 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Matt Mills can fuck off.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Said this other day

Remember Peter Crouch :jump:

Edited by Ratwhite