Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-0 Bury

miamiwhite

I've not seen a great deal in Derik to get excited about, then again I've not seen out in Henry either although his pedigree means he might just give us a little more with 2 huge games left

I don't think we are fortunate enough that we have a wealth of options, some seem to think we have Ronaldo on the bench, they all seem about as bad as each other to me

Edited by birch-chorley

It was like watching England v Iceland in the summer.

PP is limited yes, but that 11 out there should have put that game to bed.

I'm not having it he's ordering some of the piss poor decision making that goes on or no cunt taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

He's certainly not telling Howard to boot the ball to their keeper every three minutes either.

Remember there's half of that lot out there tonight that have been bottling it in a bolton shirt for quite a long time.

There's still no excuse for setting up like that at home in our biggest game in donkeys mind.

There's not a chance that 11 tonight are going to port vale on sat in front of 4.5k and turning in a performance. Not a chance.

Our only hope is Madine being fit or Fleetwood having a wobble.

More of that tonight and it's goodnight Irene. Play offs would be an abortion.

• Moderators

I've not seen a great deal in Derik to get excited about, then again I've not seen out in Henry either although his pedigree means he might just give us a little more with 2 huge games left

I don't think we are fortunate to have a wealth of options, some seem to think we have Ronaldo on the bench, they all seem about as bad as each other to me

I agree with the Renaldo thing

But Henry offers something nobody else does

He can pass and he has decent pace

Has to start ahead of any one of the three in centre midfield

Probably a fairly typical home performance that. No real urgency till late in the game. Not really worked their keeper apart from the Wheater shot. Didn't move their defenders about enough till James Henry came on. A non league team could have defended against us fro 2/3rds of that game. Whatever happens and whatever league we are in next season we have got to find a way of playing at home. For what it's worth I think we will beat Port Vale as they have to win and draw against Peterborough which should be just enough.

I think Morais might as well take on the defender and get into the box as crossing the ball with no one even likely to get across the front of their defender is a waste of time.

• Site Supporter

Execution of the players. And lack of quality in final third has been our Achilles heel all season. Still all to play for. Onto Saturday

Is this the half time entertainment during the final home game?

24k against Chesterfield= 0 goals

3k away at Scunny= 0 goals

4.5k away at Oldham= 0 goals

18k at home against Bury= 0 goals

I don't think our support does jack shit for this team.

Agree and said it for a while, doesn't bode well with 4.3k expected at Port Vale and probably 20k on for Peterborough game does it?!!

Agree that we looked a lot better with Henry on, ref was shite again. Don't get me started on Howard bloke doesn't have an ounce of urgency about him, looks baffled every time he has the ball in his hands.

Saturday is another game, no point dwelling on this one we move on and back them again, we could be in worse positions COYFWM

Huffed and puffed again like so many games this season, just not a threat going forward. Pratley and Derik are poor footballers and we look a miles better side as soon as Henry comes on as he actually has a first touch, baffling how he hasn't started last couple of games as he has been bright after coming on.

That 20 minute episode of kick tennis from Howard to their goalkeeper and back again via half hearted flicks was embarrassing. Yes Parkys tactics can be poor, but can only do so much once they are on the pitch, surely he isn't telling them to lump it over ALFs head and straight to the opposition keeper constantly??

Players really need to step up on Saturday, unfortunately I don't think they have it in them in front of a big crowd. Can see a Fleetwood gillingham draw but can't see where our next goal is going to come from.

Never make things easy do we?!

24k against Chesterfield= 0 goals

3k away at Scunny= 0 goals

4.5k away at Oldham= 0 goals

18k at home against Bury= 0 goals

I don't think our support does jack shit for this team.

I spoke about this as early as Rochdale away. We were largely the better side for the first half, missed a couple of sitters, went behind and then it all turned rather sour on the terraces. None of our players wanted the ball through fear of giving it away after that.

Combine this with every team coming to our place and stepping up their game as they see it as a cup final, and it's easy to see why we struggle against lesser sides.

A lot of talk about points dropped at home this season with teams coming here and having a big day out

Granted I can recall a few games the past couple of months but surely over the course of a season it's been strong?

I recall us winning something like ten straight home games earlier on in the season, that's got pull the average up and put us in the top 2 or 3 for home form

Edit -

6th for home league form, 2points off Rochdale in 2nd - Fleetwood are 7th for what that's worth. We are a clear 2nd for away form

Looking at Saturday Port Vale and Gillingham perform much better home than away. Looking at the final day of the season Posh are better away than at home but Port Vale are dog shit with only 9 points on the road all season

Based on that I can see both us and Fleetwood getting a point on Saturday then us only needing a point on the last day to do the business

Edited by birch-chorley

I am a Parky fun....but....given we knew Madine was out.....what the fuck have they practiced all week ?

No matter the size of the lad up front there is going to be some long ball, but for an hour we won no second ball. Surely we know it is coming back so we should be ready.

Defenders are getting slated along with keeper for long ball but until Vela dropped back no midfield players wanted the ball.

Last 5 games scored 1 but only conceded 2 but people are getting annoyed with defence not playing balls to feet of players who are hiding.

Spearing Pratley and Derik were awful tonight.

Have they fixed Pratleys head yet ?

• Site Supporter

Having a large amount of support is a piss poor excuse for not playing well and I'm not having it. We are simply too cautious or not good enough, the players and PP are responsible, not the fans.

Pressure has been off Fleetwood, we've been protecting what we have already got. Time for both them things to change now. I still believe we're going up and on Saturday too