Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3-0 Peterborough

globaldiver

• Members

Well said P, best defensive record for the Whites ever in the lower leagues.

Loving it for the younger fans who've never witnessed a promotion before with the Wanderers. They'll cherish today forever.

Looking forward to Satan posting " the East Midlands Whites are home and drinking heavily"

Aye mate - must admit that, due to comments on here from dads taking lads, I did think about the young uns there today and what it would mean to them (i.e. BWFC branded upon your soul for ever which Sir James Armfield did for me in providing the first thing I had seen us win). Makes it all the sweeter - the thought that this is where future generations of whites become completely intoxicated with it all.

Will be interesting to see the chopping and changing over the off season and if we can put down strong foundations for future success back in the championship. For now, I am like the rest of you. Walking on a cloud, giving it big style to the bucket shaking bastard who SMS'd me yesterday to say "Scum on TV at 7pm" and looking forward to going to work this morning and generally feeling that all is well in the world  :D

Off to the Costa in a few weeks to catch up with the loyal Whites of Andaluz  and we will still be celebrating and raising a glass every day for a month beneath a BWFC shirt and flag.

Was in upper tier today so couldn't get on the park but my 15 year old brother got on with all his mates, ruined his new trainers and said "it was all worth it fuck it", hopefully today inspires a new generation of whites and moments like today are the reason we go stand in the cold in january watching absolute dross

Was in upper tier today so couldn't get on the park but my 15 year old brother got on with all his mates, ruined his new trainers and said "it was all worth it fuck it", hopefully today inspires a new generation of whites and moments like today are the reason we go stand in the cold in january watching absolute dross

I may have had a beer or 10

My son has been carefully shielded from the evil temptations of following a top Premier team. It has been difficult, a steady decline, too young to appreciate our European adventure, the difficult years of Mugson, Coyle, Freedman Lennon, Financial meltdown and selling off the family silver and 2 relegations. This season he has seen ghee Wanderers develop into a team that you could be proud to support. To travel away and come back with the points.

Now 15 and this year he has truly joined the ranks of our Wanderers for life and now has that badge 'I was there when'. He has been chomping at the bit to be involved in a celebration pitch invasion. I stopped him at Port Vale but yesterday he took 3 non fan mates from school and joined the invasion....so did I. He has spent the last 12 hours replaying videos of the day and relieving his best ever football experience.

Thank you Bolton Wanderers, you have created a new generation of fanatical supporters and made us all very proud to be Wanderers again.

• Members

I've been singing "who's that COMING up the hill boys" for about 50 tears! I think its too late for me to change now!

50 tears eh mate? Tears of joy I take it  ;)

We all come up a gradient for most our lives although I believe closer to horizontally in later life?

I have been singing 'climbing up the hill boys' for nearly 50 years. One of us may be correct.

Edited by bolty58