Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

• Members
13 hours ago, royal white said:

There’s estimated to be over a million unauthorised immigrants in the U.K. that’s a million people who aren’t legally allowed to work. That’s a million people who must be making money through illegal activities .

Must be some decent defenders we can sign in that lot 

Maybe attackers 

Edited by Rudy

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

That makes no sense, whatsoever.

Anyway, goodnight. I've got to be up early for the breakfast launch of the new gallery at Sommerset House and I don't want to miss the pastries. It's a tough life at times.

Yes it does.

Couldn't think of anything worse! The pastries sound alright. I'd have one.. only not to be rude.

Have a safe trip.

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

We take roughtly the same amount of immigrants per capita as Italy and much less than Germany and less than Spain.

France has lower immigrantion but a higher percentage of those outside European countries so percentage wise more from Syria etc than we do.

Italy, France, Germany and the UK make up the countries in Europe which take in more unauthorised immigration than the rest of the countient.

As I say, we're just slightly ahead of Italy, but Germany, as has been mentioned takes significantly more than us.

Hypothetically speaking; What if, say, 1000 refugees were accepted into Germany and are recorded as such, then 3/4 of them eventually make their way across to France in the hope of getting to Uk? Let’s say they’re all successful, eventually.

So UK has 750 refugees. Does France also get to count the same 750 because they came through that country? Does Germany still count the 1000 or is there a system were they lose numbers if any of the 1000 are just transit-migrants?

In my over-simplified scenario we potentially record 2500 refugee movements when we’re actually only at 1000 and Germany get 250, France none and UK 750.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Hypothetically speaking; What if, say, 1000 refugees were accepted into Germany and are recorded as such, then 3/4 of them eventually make their way across to France in the hope of getting to Uk? Let’s say they’re all successful, eventually.

So UK has 750 refugees. Does France also get to count the same 750 because they came through that country? Does Germany still count the 1000 or is there a system were they lose numbers if any of the 1000 are just transit-migrants?

In my over-simplified scenario we potentially record 2500 refugee movements when we’re actually only at 1000 and Germany get 250, France none and UK 750.

No, they dont.

Simples!

15 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Source? 

You don't need one - unless you want to look up how country's count population per captia - which is generally part of a census set against their immigration status files which are only logged when someone has claimed asylum. 

If you want to you could check the home office site on Gov.uk.

On 16/11/2021 at 18:47, mickbrown said:

Happened to a hotel near me.

All the guests got offered refunds or a  change of hotel.

One of the offered alternatives was 40 miles away

4 coaches have turned up at the Danum hotel in Doncaster, all reservations, conferences, Xmas Doos are now cancelled. 

Wrong on so many counts 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, royal white said:

4 coaches have turned up at the Danum hotel in Doncaster, all reservations, conferences, Xmas Doos are now cancelled. 

Wrong on so many counts 

Probably good for hotel ownership though. Government agencies will be paying more than the advertised rates. They’ll also be compensated for loss of business.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

I heard that Adebejolah (one of Lee Rigby's killers) is in hospital after being attacked in the prison (Frankland) library by the infamous Charles Bronson, apparently it took around 10 officers 20 minutes to get Charlie off him, really bad injuries by all accounts

I read recently he'd asked for parole 

Guess they said no

6 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

I heard that Adebejolah (one of Lee Rigby's killers) is in hospital after being attacked in the prison (Frankland) library by the infamous Charles Bronson, apparently it took around 10 officers 20 minutes to get Charlie off him, really bad injuries by all accounts

As much as I hope it’s true these charles Bronson stories seem to do the rounds whenever there’s another high profile criminal jailed. 

33 minutes ago, royal white said:

As much as I hope it’s true these charles Bronson stories seem to do the rounds whenever there’s another high profile criminal jailed. 

I think our Athy is a bit more informed than most, so fingers crossed its true mate.