Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wways Election Poll

HomerJay

Who are you voting for  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is the country stronger now than it was before this election?

Fcuk knows but, to be fair, the Tories are the ones pretty much responsible for said state of affairs.

By that I mean Brexit and the early election.  Smart play(s) . . .

Fcuk knows but, to be fair, the Tories are the ones pretty much responsible for said state of affairs.

By that I mean Brexit and the early election. Smart play(s) . . .

Absolutley; they have to carry the can

Cameron, May et al. Fucking idiots

I actually get the call for the election, but to follow it up with that abortion of a campaign shows them up for the smug wankers that they are

Still, I know a lot of the left are happy but celebrating when this atrocious Tory party has its highest proportion aonxe Thatcher says to me that it's shite versus shite.

Both teams off

Last election campaign I can remember as poor as the Tories was Al Gore's for president which spunked all the goodwill for Bill Clinton & let George W.Bush in. Look how well that turned out.......

Was he a terrorist?   Just that I heard he fingered Osama Bin Laden's arse hole one time, at band camp . . .

Thought everybody on here wanted a strong opposition?

Just maybe not this strong?

If they thought they could win, they wouldn't have promised a manifesto that they couldn't afford. A strong opposition would have produced a more realistic manifesto.

If they were a strong opposition and thought they could win they wouldn't have been so jubilant today at coming second.

• Site Supporter

If they thought they could win, they wouldn't have promised a manifesto that they couldn't afford. A strong opposition would have produced a more realistic manifesto.

If they were a strong opposition and thought they could win they wouldn't have been so jubilant today at coming second.

Nicely put.

As jules mentions above, a shit performance and hardly inspirational stuff. Biggest disappointment for me is just someone to acknowledge problems and offer a modicum of honesty. Be nice to hear genuinely more of what they wanted to do, rather than constant criticism of others.

Youth all over the place saying corbyn is the only one being honest. Frankly that says a lot, the Tories now need to change their approach show why their system will be more effective.

Another thing, despite youth numbers up, approximately one third of eligible voters still didn't bother. Shite.

Thought everybody on here wanted a strong opposition?

Just maybe not this strong?

I do

I wouldn't call the opposition strong just because they got an extra 30 seats - that means fuck all, it's about how well they can oversee departments

Dianne Abbott is still shadow home sec ffs! The shadow cabinet is cobbled together with amateurs

As it stands we have a weak opposition and a weak PM - brilliant

I suppose Corbyn could try to bring in the smart operators within the party and disband the amateurs, until then his shadow cabinet is weak

Do even the most ardent of folk still want to leave? Honest question. It looks like it will be a car crash. No one is strong enough to lead us out imo.

Without a doubt, no way on earth should we go cap in hand to Europe. It's not in doubt the Tories still can get a majority and we should walk the walk and show the struggling EU states there is life after the EU.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I do

I wouldn't call the opposition strong just because they got an extra 30 seats - that means fuck all, it's about how well they can oversee departments

Dianne Abbott is still shadow home sec ffs! The shadow cabinet is cobbled together with amateurs

As it stands we have a weak opposition and a weak PM - brilliant

I suppose Corbyn could try to bring in the smart operators within the party and disband the amateurs, until then his shadow cabinet is weak

All the smart operators left his shadow cabinet and some like Andy Burnham have left Parliament all together.

Granted the election has boosted Corbyn's standing amongst his MP's but less than 12 months ago they voted 172 to 40 in a no confidence motion against him and forced a leadership re-election.

• Site Supporter

I noticed that the possibility of asking the EU for a delay to start negotiations was mooted.

Apparently this would involve organising a meeting and asking all 27 member states to vote on it. They in turn would have to go back to their individual countries for approval on any decision they make before returning to Brussels to vote on the issue.

If it was a split vote, they have to debate it then try again.

Which could take several weeks for a simple yes or no answer.

Edited by Spider

I noticed that the possibility of asking the EU for a delay to start negotiations was mooted.

Apparently this would involve organising a meeting and asking all 27 member states to vote on it. They in turn would have to go back to their individual countries for approval on any decision they make before returning to Brussels to vote on the issue.

If it was a split vote, they have to debate it then try again.

Which could take several weeks for a simple yes or no answer.

I'd like to see us sack the negotiations and pull out if only to see the hysteria from remainers and the left.

FB etc is now full of petitions for May to resign and other such nonsense

I have my issues with the right but this left movement is so righteous with it's "anyone that doesn't vote labour is evil" stance

They're acting like pathetic spoilt children

This isn't coming from anywhere official, though. It's just indicative of modern society's will to protest about everything.

I voted Labour, we lost.

Let's get on with it.

Democracy has spoken.