Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members

The only issue with the ideas of Truss was implementation. Tried to do far too much immediately allowing the faceless establishment to cause enough panic to bring her down. The ideas should have been drip fed in.

I know there is a large proportion on here who want government to think for them and remove any exhausting thought processes from their mundane everyday lives. I understand then why they would not want small government which I see as an absolute blessing. 

Even those wanting to be led by the nose by a nanny state would surely want lower taxes?

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

The only issue with the ideas of Truss was implementation. Tried to do far too much immediately allowing the faceless establishment to cause enough panic to bring her down. The ideas should have been drip fed in.

I know there is a large proportion on here who want government to think for them and remove any exhausting thought processes from their mundane everyday lives. I understand then why they would not want small government which I see as an absolute blessing. 

Even those wanting to be led by the nose by a nanny state would surely want lower taxes?

😂

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

B1356B0B-0D7F-4BFB-B3FA-1C27CE3994B5.jpeg

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Yes of course folk want less taxes. But most also want a functional NHS and social care. Deciding to suddenly drop billions of unfunded tax breaks to the rich in hard times got the reaction Truss fully deserved.

What the fuck is this establishment you talk of? The financial markets are the opposite of left wing and they absolutely dismissed her mini budget as lunacy. Are you living in a parallel universe?

33 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

😂🙈

34 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

You 

Don't 

Live 

Here 

Anymore.

33 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

She cut the tax rate for highest earners, that nobody wanted or expected in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

In the debates for Tory leader Sunak said exactly what would happen to interest rates if she implemented her plans so was very publicly warned about the impact.

I know you love to blame 'everyone else' for the absolute mess this Tory Government has created but the fact it is now the faceless (and according to her left wing) establishment and money markets that were to blame is frankly bollocks.  

23 minutes ago, green genie said:

HS2 speeds reduced and number of services to be reduced to save costs of track installation. 

How about just forget it before it terminates at Stockport to save on that tricky last stretch. 

It’s becoming a farce and has moved away from what it was supposed to be.

I try not to be a chip on my shoulder northern type but it defo feels they are doing the dammed ist to save the southern part of HS2.  

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Great Wingman work today Bolty. Helped GD escape his interrogators. The Stasi will be back tomorrow though. Stay alert.😅

Interrogators. Lollzz

I only asked him if he was happy with the 12 years he voted for. A fair question I thought. Us “impatient” types are always told to wait and see.

Well, 12 years does seem a reasonable enough amount of waiting and seeing.

That he won’t/can’t  answer actually speaks volumes.

That he may be relying on the fantasy ramblings of a bloke who hasn’t lived here for 20 years+ is a stretch, to say the least.

Im off out to buy a chair, some rope and a lamp to shine in his face later.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Interrogators. Lollzz

I only asked him if he was happy with the 12 years he voted for. A fair question I thought. Us “impatient” types are always told to wait and see.

Well, 12 years does seem a reasonable enough amount of waiting and seeing.

That he won’t/can’t  answer actually speaks volumes.

That he may be relying on the fantasy ramblings of a bloke who hasn’t lived here for 20 years+ is a stretch, to say the least.

Im off out to buy a chair, some rope and a lamp to shine in his face later.

This is what some folks on here have left as a 'victory'

Quite a climb down from being a visionary, but then it was always going to end as such. It's not like they weren't warned.

Bless them all, and leave then be to enjoy their retirement. Some if us have work to do back in reality.

Why do a lot of traditional Tory voters struggle to admit that the last twelve years, and this current Government is shit?

I'll happily admit to voting blue more often than not, but I can also concede this lot at absolute shit and need removing. 

I think it's an age thing....

It's odd, to me, that some, like GD and Bolty, think everything has been brilliant for the last 12 years, and should be allowed to continue as it is. 

Also saying "it would have been worse under Corbyn" isn't really a top level answer.... 

47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

This is what some folks on here have left as a 'victory'

Quite a climb down from being a visionary, but then it was always going to end as such. It's not like they weren't warned.

Bless them all, and leave then be to enjoy their retirement. Some if us have work to do back in reality.

Haha. Work? You and others spend all day on here. 😅