Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

I want to see us press them and dominate possession.

But we had something like 70% possession against them and lost 1-0.

I say give them a taste of their own medicine, sit back and counter attack their leaky defence.

Put as much pace as possible, if we’ve got any.

Edited by Lostock Whites

No but it's Burton Albion - not frigging Wolves. We might lose, that's football but I find it incredible people are talking as though we've lost already. I expect to win based on nothing other than I believe we are better than them

Their fans say the same. We've played them twice in our history and lost both times. 

Do you mean 3-5-2? Robinson and Little As wing backs backs. That’s the most attack minded formation we can go with I would think.

Play 4 at the back. With Robinson and Little in there.

If We play 5-4-1. Given Pratley and Henry both seem to hold we end up with 8 of the team deep. Even if full backs push up we are short.

First half at Barnsley V Second half at Barnsley

I lost count of how many wingers we had on the pitch 2nd half at Barnsley.

It was a desperate gamble that paid off but I wouldn't want to risk starting with that line up.

Neither would I. But I would not revert to the team that started.

I would swap Buckley for Vela from team that started Saturday and Little at right back.

Derby it is then

Or sheffield

Its a damn shame as I'd identified 2 or 3 really interesting sounding boozers (and the backup Spoons). There's a couple of places outside Derby station, but was looking forward to mooching about in Burton.

If you're chanting about German bombers & have got a scarf tied round your wrist, there's a good chance you won't get in the pubs, but i've always found that if you keep a low profile, you'll get in somewhere.

Fair point but some folk just look like away fans. The first time we played Brighton recently there was a bloke in Barnstormers wearing a blazer and drinking white wine, he couldn't have been anything other than Brighton.

How will Parky play this?

Settle for a draw (as usual) or full out attack ( 2nd half at Barnsley)?

Burton really need a win. I suspect we will sit back, keep it tight and hope we can nick one as they press more and more for a goal. All goes out the window if they get one early.

I should say - that’s how I see parky playing it. I’d rather take the game to them and try and get an early goal to knock their confidence.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

If you're chanting about German bombers & have got a scarf tied round your wrist, there's a good chance you won't get in the pubs, but i've always found that if you keep a low profile, you'll get in somewhere.

Will bear this in mind cheers ????????

Will bear this in mind cheers

You're welcome :)      I'm planning on just keeping marching round the town, filming myself singing German Bombers for my new vlog....I might also interview somebody else who's doing a vlog & they can film me interviewing them for their vlog.