Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

Couldn't believe his team selection , a game of this magnitude you need your best team on the field.

that was nowhere near our best 11 .

We got what we deserved

We move on to next week , with some hope but he must pick his best 11

Couldn't believe his team selection , a game of this magnitude you need your best team on the field.

We got what we deserved

To be fair we are 45 games into the season and I couldn’t name our best XI

We got what we deserved

Let’s hope he’s not in charge for the next match

If (massive IF) the impossible happened, then Parky will have done the job set out for him at the start of the season and can walk away with his head held high. Go down and quite rightly he should expect to be potted. Either way, I think we need a fresh start next season with so many players out of contract, but how many times have we heard that ever since Allardyce left.

Massively pissed off with the players though. Yes Parky should ultimately take responsibility for the tactics and the like, but at the end of the day they’re all professional footballers - experienced ones, at that - and should be able to take responsibility for how they play and most certainly they should give far more of a shit than currently seems to be the case. Weird given 6-10 weeks ago you’d have them running through walls for the cause.

If we were dead and buried all season we would of accepted it.

It’s the fact that we were in such a good position just only 1 month ago, makes you have to question the manager and players.

After Villa I genuinely believed that due to how many poor teams around us, we could have finished 16th/17th.

The main reason for the relegation is that the owner sold the top scorer for a huge fee but wouldn't pay for a decent striker to replace him.

That wasnt a decision by Parky or for the benefit of the football team, it was all about the owner making as much money as he could.

None of the other teams in the relegation battle sold their best player half way through the season

I can't believe you've just wrote that

If we finish 4th from bottom - I'll still reckon Parky will have done a good job this season. There's been some massive 'howevers' though.

We scraped ourselves up last season - and this one has been turgid in parts. If we somehow by some miracle stay up - he'd be on a short lead for the start of next season for me. Any kind of start like this season and he has to be out the door early. If in the more likely event we go down - he's got to go. Experience in that league or not - there's too much negativity around the place for is to bounce straight back.

I'd fuck him off now, only chance we have. Can't see us beating forest with him in charge

Absolutely abysmal today. Hated the team selection and feared the worst. I’m insistent that if we win next week though we’re safe.

Genuinely can’t see Burton or Barnsley winning, and if they do they deserve to stay up. It’s the hope that kills you.

I’m not sure I want a cheaper season ticket or any season ticket at the moment, this squad of players and team selections turning me off Football completely. It’s that bad I’m passed giving a shit and at this point in time I’m thinking my 3 season tickets will be unused next week.

I'm with you mounts if he's in charge next week I ain't going season ticket or no season ticket