Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Players On Strike - St Mirren Off

barrycowdrill

Guessing end of season loyalty bonuses which caused all the shit at the end of last season (on the basis my guesses are as good as anybody else's)

I’d have thought the statement from the players would have referred to bonuses rather than wages if that was the case though again it’s all guesswork from all concerned really.

This is some serious shit, I can't remember ever a professional side going on strike, this runs deeper than a couple of quid short in wages.

Exactly where I'm at. Moaning to the press is one thing but refusing to play and a fixture being cancelled is something I've never heard of before at this level.

This is serious

We literally have lost a full team worth of players and replaced them with 3 signings.

Got just 1 month left to sign at least 10+ players and to get them all settled in.

Potential signings will be looking, thinking, sign for Bolton? Don’t they not pay their players and leads to strikes from the players?

Nah you can forget that.

I’m not going to fully attack the andersons yet, but god they are making it difficult.

Superagent on Twitter doesn’t help, when he wants everyone from Bolton to check his “massive groundbreaking” updates

And then the day after we’ve signed some under 23 year old player.

We actually as it stands are in a much worse position than we were last summer.

How has that happened, when we’ve stayed up, sold Madine for 6m etc. Why can we STILL not afford players wages.

Goddamn this club are frustrating, been suffering from poor owners for far too long.

Players have very much had an “us against the world” approach the last couple of years

Little did we know it was against their own fucking employers too.

Regardless of whether the club is on the cusp of being sold or not it’s all bollocks. The players deserve to be paid regardless! And they’re not paid in advance it’s for the previous month.

That clown LA is ballooning around Dubai and Monte Carlo and his old fella is one step away from getting a pay as you go electric meter fitted!

Shambles