Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Players On Strike - St Mirren Off

barrycowdrill

I understand one senior #BWFC player (not Amos) was paid his wage for June at 7.30pm last night. That's 10 minutes after I launched the article on The Bolton News' website.

Iles

Social justice has a new hero...

That's one bloke now able to get more drawings on his arms and his bird another £500 handbag this weekend and solely due to Marc, well done lad.

Maybe because they actually play for the club?

Iles (as above) says another senior player was only paid his salary last night, after the game had been called off.

Why didn't Ken make it clear who that was in his statement (or indeed, mention it at all)?

Right all very strange this.

But the players seem to have gone on strike or at very least refused to play.

I wonder if they spoke to PFA or checked legal rules about going on strike.

Would love to see the postal ballots they sent out and details of the independent assessment of the process.

Of course they should be paid but they can not just go on strike it ain’t 1974.

There’s too much detail in the claim that a player was paid at 7:30pm yesterday.

At best a player logged on to his banking at that time and saw the payment. I certainly don’t have a time stamp on my current account transactions.

They’re on the poverty line don’t you know. He was stood in the corner shop frantically refreshing his bank account so that he had enough money to top up his gas card so his family could eat a hot meal. Or alternatively it’s a crock of shit and Iles is trying to justify jumping the gun without being a proper journalist and actually speaking to both sides.

• Site Supporter

Fucking bonuses for what ?. Alright the Forest game will always live in the memory but I'm struggling forgetting the week before at Burton bonuses should have been torn up there and then do they get bonuses for pre season fuck me its still a joke .

PP probably relieved by all this

ready made excuse for any periods of struggle next season

I’m sure he’s delighted.....feel for him having to deal with this utter shite time and time again.

I don’t think we’ve got a load of shithouse players here. If they’ve gone on strike it’s for good reason. Iles says the PFA were consulted.

End of the day however much we may think some players are overpaid or whatever the club signed contracts with these players and not paying agreed wages or bonuses on time is not acceptable. If the situation is so dire they can’t afford to then communicate that and keep the player onside.

It’s poor all round but I find it hard to summon up much irritation to our players. They are under a contract and Ken turning on the ‘anti rich footballer’ tap when it suits him isn’t good enough. He signed the deals, he should honour them. Or if he can’t he should ensure we don’t have an embarrassing meltdown like this.

Players have backed the wrong horse here. I understand the principle of backing your team mate

But a team mate you haven’t played with for 2 years, did nothing to justify his ridiculous wages and is keen to get out of the gaff as soon as possible?

He’ll be out the door and the rest have to try and mend this situation

Very vindictive to out one player as a scapegoat regardless of how large his pay packet is

Fault on both sides imo agree a quick kiss & make-up is required even if it papers over a few cracks

We dont need an internecine battle we need to move on quickly & get some more players in.

Players have backed the wrong horse here. I understand the principle of backing your team mate

But a team mate you haven’t played with for 2 years, did nothing to justify his ridiculous wages and is keen to get out of the gaff as soon as possible?

He’ll be out the door and the rest have to try and mend this situation

None of the players received their bonus. And two didn’t receive any wages at all.

This has happened before too.

They aren’t backing horses, they just want to be paid as per their contracts signed by the current owner of the club.

None of the players received their bonus. And two didn’t receive any wages at all.

They aren’t backing horses, they just want to be paid as per their contracts signed by the current owner of the club.

Owners affected by striking : 0

Players affected by striking: 0

Fans affected by striking : many

If they had put down tools on Sat eve, then fine, but the evening before a game where many fans had made arrangements for a decent distance trip - unacceptable, and a PR disaster on behalf of the players.

And yes, they have a genuine grievence, but they are going about it the wrong way.

They were assured it would be in be Friday. Yes it shouldn’t of happened in the first place

Should they of held off? Maybe until Monday

What have they achieved? Making a shit storm public and creating unnecessary divides across all elements of the club

They were assured it would be in be Friday. Yes it shouldn’t of happened in the first place

Should they of held off? Maybe until Monday

What have they achieved? Making a shit storm public and creating unnecessary divides across all elements of the club

They were told Friday. Then again it didn’t happen.

I mean if the argument is whether they could have held off and done it behind closed doors. You can’t really say unless you know how often behind the scenes these things have been going on for.

They were told Friday. Then again it didn’t happen.

I mean if the argument is whether they could have held off and done it behind closed doors. You can’t really say unless you know how often behind the scenes these things have been going on for.

They can hand transfer requests in you know.

Or not sign new deals

They can hand transfer requests in you know.

Or not sign new deals

If I was employed and wasn’t being paid to on time and agreed bonuses weren’t paid, I think I’d be a bit annoyed. And the ‘if you don’t like it go somewhere else’ thing wouldn’t cut it either.

By the same argument Ken could transfer list them all and say none of the strikers will ever play for the club again.

If I was promised a bonus. But knew full well I contributed nothing to that project. I’d consider dropping it. Especially if I knew I could go home to a million pound house and spend half the night counting my money and putting others at risk.

Unless the ginger cross eyed wanker thinks his role in Charlon contributed.

In cartain times in life you have to think yeah this isn’t right. Right now that’s Ben Amos