Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston h

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, MickyD said:

£32 Each?  Robbing bastards!

First 2300 were at £28 (lower tier) then next allocation is £32 for upper tier. Still decent response from them - their home crowds are pretty shite really considering that they have had a good couple of years. Good away followings TBF.

27 minutes ago, Steejay said:

First 2300 were at £28 (lower tier) then next allocation is £32 for upper tier. Still decent response from them - their home crowds are pretty shite really considering that they have had a good couple of years. Good away followings TBF.

I thought that we sold the upper tier first to maximise income.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, freds dad said:

I thought that we sold the upper tier first to maximise income.

Yep, we do usually but not for this one. Maybe it's because last year there was talk about them boycotting the game because of our prices. I know we came to some sort of compromise last year to ensure that they sold more tickets overall.They may end up selling all their allocation (around 4500) as they're fucking buzzing at the moment, unlike us...

• The topic was pinned
I am sure it's entertaining and quite a novelty for Preston fans to have an afternoon viewing the Bolton car crash and watch them take on such a pisspoor Bolton side.I bet Preston have had  away games at Rochdale, Crewe and Bury in the recent past where the number one opposition striker was better then Clayton Donaldson.For a club that gets bigger crowds than them it must be eye brow raising just how shit Bolton currently are
We relegated them in 1993 and we beat them in the play offs in 2001.Memories like that will have created a strong dislike of Bolton for some Preston fans

Edited by Roger_Dubuis

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

We relegated them in 1993 and we beat them in the play offs in 2001.Memories like that will have created a strong dislike of Bolton for some Preston fans

No different, really, to us and Tranmere.

25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

No different, really, to us and Tranmere.

I dislike Tranmere as much as anyone but that goes back to them postponong the league match in 1987 when they had a long injury list and were in poor form.The league deducted them 2 points for them postponing the match without good enough reason.Typically by the time the match was reaarranged we were in poor form and lost.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I dislike Tranmere as much as anyone but that goes back to them postponong the league match in 1987 when they had a long injury list and were in poor form.The league deducted them 2 points for them postponing the match without good enough reason.Typically by the time the match was reaarranged we were in poor form and lost.

Great reason, along with them beating us at Wembley in the 91 play-off, for disliking them but no more valid than PNE fans hating Bolton for relegating them and then beating them in play-offs.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
I am sure it's entertaining and quite a novelty for Preston fans to have an afternoon viewing the Bolton car crash and watch them take on such a pisspoor Bolton side.I bet Preston have had  away games at Rochdale, Crewe and Bury in the recent past where the number one opposition striker was better then Clayton Donaldson.For a club that gets bigger crowds than them it must be eye brow raising just how shit Bolton currently are

There's no particular animosity towards Bolton for anything you've mentioned, really.

As far as we're concerned, it's just another fixture against one of the local Greater Manchester sides. No different to playing Bury, Oldham, Rochdale etc. Certainly not on the same level as Blackpool, Blackburn or Burnley.

Obviously you'll get the odd goon mouthing off on Twitter like, but "hate" "animosity" "rivalry" or any other edgy buzz-word.......nah. It's just a local game without an edge to it.