Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Much Would You Fork Out For A Ticket ?

leigh white

48 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Haha in that case it's probably just a case of getting in amongst a big crowd trying to get in flashing tickets, sorted.

Where you applied for? I've gone for the London games then some random ones around Europe hoping to do a trip through Bucharest, Budapest and Munich

London & Copenhagen, impressed with it after the pre season game we went lovely place 

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Just remind me how much for a pint...

Paid £9 for about a half pint in Copenhagen 

Was nice, though

only had one

• Members

Paid £150 for two tickets for mamma Mia despite the fact I fucking hate abba

It was years ago and was seeing a girl who wanted to go. I needed the brownie points to go to Chelsea away a couple of weeks later - the one we won when Terry scored the last minute own goal 

There is no price you can put on the mental torture I had to go through watching that absolute fucking awful play and putting up with the music then people doing the conga round the place 

On 14/06/2019 at 19:36, Leyther_Matt said:

Paid £6.50 for Rod Stewart tonight. Nearly cost as much for a steak pie on the concourse (£4 btw, hope BWFC get to keep the money!)

Catering about as woeful as I expected

U2 £2 - Free Trade Hall M/cr 1978, venue was only three quarters full, 

The Jam £2 - Sweatyist gig i've ever been.

Buzzcocks £2 Blackburn King Georges Hall

Joy Division £2 - Supporting Buzzcocks, hardly anyone interested,only 100 or so bothered to watch - myself included,glad i did.

The Police June 1979 Free Trade Hall M/cr £1.75

The Clash £3

It was all a few years ago to be fair 1978/79

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Catering about as woeful as I expected

Always likely to be a limited operation to be fairness given the circumstances, plus that tends to be the case with an emphasis on booze sales at stadium gigs anyway, I think? Was happy enough with my mozzarella and tomato ciabatta for something different. No Carrs Pasties or hot dogs though, buttered or otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

U2 £2 - Free Trade Hall M/cr 1978, venue was only three quarters full, 

The Jam £2 - Sweatyist gig i've ever been.

Buzzcocks £2 Blackburn King Georges Hall

Joy Division £2 - Supporting Buzzcocks, hardly anyone interested,only 100 or so bothered to watch - myself included,glad i did.

The Clash £3

It was all a few years ago to be fair 1978/79

Those are most of gigs I'd have killed to have been 10 years older for.

9 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Being a biddy has it's benefits i s'pose.

Happy days mate, happy days indeed.

A quid to watch David Bowie at the Hardrock in Stretford in 72 and you could stay in the same venue and watch Edwin Starr for the later concert.:)

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

My record for drinks was Reykjavik where £17 bought me two pints; one lager and one Guinness.

did a Nick Cave gig at a theatre in Brooklyn

paid $66 for 2 wines and 2 beers, and the exchange rate was pretty shit, about 1.2, so something just north of £50

22 hours ago, MickyD said:

My record for drinks was Reykjavik where £17 bought me two pints; one lager and one Guinness.

I don’t know whether it’s become a myth in my own head but I’m pretty sure I paid in the region of £20 for a single bottle of Carlsberg in a nightclub in Malmö (not entirely unbelievable seeing as one of the pubs was offering £7 pints as the bargain of the century). That was the signal that it was time for going to bed. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2019 at 20:48, Marc505 said:

I've just theoretically committed to spending about 4k on Euro 2020 tickets but that would only be if I was successful in all my individual bids.

Over 300,000 applications within the first hour of the month long process though so I think majority of that money is safe...

Applied for all London games, just had am email to say I've got 2 tickets for the 2nd semi final