Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

They really don't feel like they are going to get better. I feel like a failure as a Mother. 

It's just a shit day. Tomorrow I can put on a pretend smile and fake everything is OK again can't I? 

Not sure if this has been posted on this thread before, it probably has but no harm to post and watch again 

https://youtu.be/

Edited by fatolive
Link didn’t work

2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

They really don't feel like they are going to get better. I feel like a failure as a Mother. 

It's just a shit day. Tomorrow I can put on a pretend smile and fake everything is OK again can't I? 

Your kids, K.

Loved?
Healthy?
Well fed?
Polite?
Well behaved where /when they need to?
Clean clothes every day?
Eldest going to school every day?
Is she OK or better there?

I'd wager you're ticking all 8 boxes there, you're just having a bad day, but that doesn't make you a bad mum.

4 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Aye. It’s just a shit day. Like Traf says you’re ticking the right boxes but beating yourself up

I felt a failure as a father when I got divorced with daughters aged 7 and 10 even though I wasn’t the one that initiated it. Really screwed my head for a while. littlewhitt sums it up nicely. The sun really does come up after a while. You might have to wait a bit but it does eventually happen. You’re never a failure if you do the right things for your kids

This place is full of the worst not-rights ever seen but I doubt a single poster would fail to help if you reached out. Don’t avoid doing so if you need to

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's excellent. 

Simplistic and easy to relate to. 

I volunteered a few years ago to be a mental health first aider at work , we had some good training and insight to allow us to be the be the one people at work could reach out to, or so we could spot signs etc , by no means counsellors or phycologist level but a useful course for us and colleagues we listen to  , it was shown there and although fortunate enough to never suffer myself , it did strike me and leave an impression that it was very good and I use it quite often . 

18 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

I've started with a pain in my stomach/gut and just a overall feeling of dread. This is fun. The panicking feeling I have about caring and providing for two children is overwhelming today. I'm not arsed about me. Please tell me it will go away? 

It will ease pal. World can be an uncertain place so these feelings of dread and anxiety can be common. 

Just remind yourself that you're fine & that you're great mother. If there's nothing that can done about the worry and it's not helping you then fuck it off. Just remind yourself that you won't be thinking about that today - calmly put it to the back of ya head. Can take practice but it does work. 

Hope you're feeling better today with some more fresh air. 

• Members
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Might be worth a natter to the doctor BB love.

Keep going in the meantime. Steer well clear of alcohol, may as well throw petrol on the fire with that stuff.

Never rains all day x

I can be honestly fine then it's like a black cloud just appears from nowhere. I feel better today but I know the slightest thing and it can be back. Gonna go for a walk and get some fresh air. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

I can be honestly fine then it's like a black cloud just appears from nowhere. I feel better today but I know the slightest thing and it can be back. Gonna go for a walk and get some fresh air. 

Part of this issue is that you may think you're OK, whilst others may see something different in you. The fact that the dog descends quickly shows that all isn't as well as you're entitled to have it.

As Gonzo says, contacting your gp is important. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Two years late but watched the Flintoff bulimia thing on iPlayer last night. Interesting watch from the perspective of Flintoff but I'm neither a bulimic or anorexic yet my eldest said to me I obviously suffer from an eating disorder from how I am.

He's wrong but still......

• Site Supporter
Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Two years late but watched the Flintoff bulimia thing on iPlayer last night. Interesting watch from the perspective of Flintoff but I'm neither a bulimic or anorexic yet my eldest said to me I obviously suffer from an eating disorder from how I am.

He's wrong but still......

"Not bad for a fat lad".

Amazing how easy it is to affect someone's mental health without meaning too.

16 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

No bugger else is. 

I've a mate who's just got out of jail, only a 6 month stint for petty stuff, so he's absolutely gagging for it himself, I could send his number on if you're interested? 

He does have some excess skin on the end of his willy.

Edited by L/H White