Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

Would a bee sting cause an abscess in the brain? Seems extreme but I haven't the foggiest. I'm allegric to.bee and wasp stings but that just means I swell up like a massive bloon and puss seaps from where the skin is stretched around the sting.

Anyway, best of luck with it and hope she recovers soon.

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Probably the most I've ever been tested over the past 2 1/2 weeks hence why I haven't been on here 

Missus got a bee sting 3 weeks ago, thought nothing off it, then blistering headaches came 2 days later, roll on a week later she's massively gone under, constantly asleep, which isn't like her at all as we've a 19 month old little girl, she can't even look at the light 

Trip to a&e 2 weeks ago, she has a seizure while we're upto 6 hours waiting to see someone 

Scan shows an abscess on her brain then she's off to emergency surgery that night to drain the abscess where she's stayed since 

Still unsure how it's happened, surely not a bee? 

Anyway she's doing great now, and her speech is slowly coming back, hopefully home in the next week and the community team can come and feed her antibiotics via a drip

Honestly thought she was a goner 

Anyway, have we signed anyone yet? 

R

Fuck me, that sounds horrific.

Who made your tea for you? 😉

Can’t imagine what you’ve been going through R but looks like you’re thankfully on a good track now. Hope they find the cause but don’t get too hung up on it as it’s not always an easy thing.

Take care of her and your little girl but above all make sure you take care of yourself too. 

12 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Would a bee sting cause an abscess in the brain? Seems extreme but I haven't the foggiest. I'm allegric to.bee and wasp stings but that just means I swell up like a massive bloon and puss seaps from where the skin is stretched around the sting.

Anyway, best of luck with it and hope she recovers soon.

Docs seem think it's a red herring, common places they steam from are heart and lungs and in the mouth, she's had scans and they came back clear, cause still unknown 

12 hours ago, Traf said:

Fuck me, that sounds horrific.

Who made your tea for you? 😉

They've no respect pal, I've hardly had chance for a decent meal by the time I get the little one to sleep

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Can’t imagine what you’ve been going through R but looks like you’re thankfully on a good track now. Hope they find the cause but don’t get too hung up on it as it’s not always an easy thing.

Take care of her and your little girl but above all make sure you take care of yourself too. 

Thanks pal, the real test is when the little one keeps saying mama gone and pointing to her pictures. Hopefully back to normal in the next week, and I'm taking the little one to see her today and she's allowed off the ward now 

5 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Thanks pal, the real test is when the little one keeps saying mama gone and pointing to her pictures. Hopefully back to normal in the next week, and I'm taking the little one to see her today and she's allowed off the ward now

Fucks sake, who's dusting at this time in a morning?

• 2 weeks later...

Still in 5 weeks later. She was let home, that last 2 days as her white blood cells are to low. She's also just caught covid while on the ward.

To top it off, I've a 20 month old head to toe in chicken pox 

Surely has to get better soon 

I've nearly gone fully grey

• Site Supporter

Fucking hell, sending best wishes.

I remember the missus being in hospital with kidney stones and a botched surgery when our youngest was at a similar age. I was self employed then and he got sent home from nursery with conjunctivitis. Fuck me, I picked him up and got home and had about 6 missed calls from work. I actually cried I was that stressed.

‘Kin ‘ell, just skim-read the last 6-7 pages. Everyone is falling apart!!

Seriously, hoping all is well for Leyther Matt and L/H White. And a few pages back, great long post from Crawley - knocked a lot on the head with that post. Really hard to wake up every morning without your kids under the same roof as you. And go through many years of your life only seeing them a handful of times a month. But you pull through. Just have an eternal guilt that you didn’t do enough, get involved enough, provide enough, etc. But that’s all bollocks in the end. Had a great day on the lash and at the beach with my 20-year-old in Devon last week. Didn’t quite enjoy cleaning her bastarding filthy student house the day after in the heat with a hangover! Dragging six girls worth of pubes and hair with soap scum out of the shower plug hole… and cleaning out scuzzy fridges and freezers (my pet hates in life are dirty fridges/dirty microwaves). The smell in the house was like a 7 year-old cum sock that’s been forgotten about and has weeds growing out of it!!

Still love them and the feeling is reciprocal. (Daughters, not cum socks).

44 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Seriously, hoping all is well for Leyther Matt and L/H White. And a few pages back, great long post from Crawley - knocked a lot on the head with that post. Really hard to wake up every morning without your kids under the same roof as you. And go through many years of your life only seeing them a handful of times a month. But you pull through. Just have an eternal guilt that you didn’t do enough, get involved enough, provide enough, etc. But that’s all bollocks in the end. Had a great day on the lash and at the beach with my 20-year-old in Devon last week. Didn’t quite enjoy cleaning her bastarding filthy student house the day after in the heat with a hangover! Dragging six girls worth of pubes and hair with soap scum out of the shower plug hole… and cleaning out scuzzy fridges and freezers (my pet hates in life are dirty fridges/dirty microwaves). The smell in the house was like a 7 year-old cum sock that’s been forgotten about and has weeds growing out of it!!

HBATOFGT? 

Its amazing how understated diet, hydration and exercise is with mental health.

Ive felt shit these past few weeks, being eating utter shit, drinking fuck all water and nailing the ale at weekends. Chuck Big Es civil ceremony in there and its a recipe for disaster.

Got on top of past few days and instantly feel brand new. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Ive felt shit these past few weeks, being eating utter shit, drinking fuck all water and nailing the ale at weekends. Chuck Big Es civil ceremony in there and its a recipe for disaster.

You'll be like me though... If the sun is shining and you can get out into it for 30 mins it boosts your mood x10... 

Mahogany bastard! 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Massive influence of diet on mood.

Can get into a spiral where you eat high carb/fat diet because it can give the brain a boost, but your body feels shite and the mood worsens.

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

I didn’t realise they allowed 7 year olds in the marines, must be the cadets 👀😂