Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Okocha10

Once they stop supporting the team they wont be back .Its almost like an admission they were wrong if they return although it's just free choice.

I think quite a few have'nt entirely ditched it but are sat on the fence at the moment just waiting to see if things improve .One or two might be tempted Saturday given the opposition. 9k home fans would be decent imo.

I also think we have large numbers of fans who’ve not completely sacked it off but have stopped being religious about attending and do lots of other stuff and attending games isn’t the be all and end all, for instance I went about 25 years not missing a home game and would not book a holiday when we were at home, now and with the opportunity to watch on Ifollow when I’m on holiday I can live with not actually being at the match. Mind you I still have the season ticket. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I predicted on the Oxford thread we'd have moans about the turn out last night, and sure enough the BN thread didnt disappoint.  Now we've got people on here saying 8k home fans wouldnt be acceptable on Saturday.  That would be a bigger home turn out than we've had in 2019.  Thousands had tickets and refused to attend from about, now 8,000 will probably pay £20 (or £10) a ticket and turn up, but there's criticism of that.  This for a team more than any other in all 4 divisions has spent the last x number of years gradually eroding fans by getting worse every passing season, not only on the field but off it too with its disastrous public relations.  And we happen to be on minus 10 points after half a dozen games and have no strikers. If 8k turn up its fantastic, died in the wool, through thick and thin support.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I predicted on the Oxford thread we'd have moans about the turn out last night, and sure enough the BN thread didnt disappoint.  Now we've got people on here saying 8k home fans wouldnt be acceptable on Saturday.  That would be a bigger home turn out than we've had in 2019.  Thousands had tickets and refused to attend from about, now 8,000 will probably pay £20 (or £10) a ticket and turn up, but there's criticism of that.  This for a team more than any other in all 4 divisions has spent the last x number of years gradually eroding fans by getting worse every passing season, not only on the field but off it too with its disastrous public relations.  And we happen to be on minus 10 points after half a dozen games and have no strikers. If 8k turn up its fantastic, died in the wool, through thick and thin support.

wish i was you.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Spider said:

I’ve just shelled out for season tickets and Sunderland tickets. 

Mid September fresh from two weeks holiday with the kids. Kids who needed several hundred quids worth of new school stuff etc..

its a dear do for most. 

Still think we’ll get 10k home fans though. 

Wtf do you spend several hundred quid for new school stuff on?

I got a new pair of shoes and a head bag at best

Maybe some wall paper for backing books

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Wtf do you spend several hundred quid for new school stuff on?

I got a new pair of shoes and a head bag at best

Maybe some wall paper for backing books

2 kids

2 new sets of uniforms, PE kit, shoes (fucking shoes are £40 a pair), bags. Forward payment of lunches and out of school clubs because we both work, payment for a couple of school trips. Swamp tax, cow ointment - the expenses are endless.

Fresh from an August holiday to France where I will admit to spending more than I expected on wine.

Dunno if you've got any nippers but if not, my advice would be not to bother.

55 minutes ago, Spider said:

2 kids

2 new sets of uniforms, PE kit, shoes (fucking shoes are £40 a pair), bags. Forward payment of lunches and out of school clubs because we both work, payment for a couple of school trips. Swamp tax, cow ointment - the expenses are endless.

Fresh from an August holiday to France where I will admit to spending more than I expected on wine.

When you said you'd sell your kids for a 'go on Michelle Keegan' I hadn't thought of it as being an economic benefit! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

2 kids

probably too late to consider a termination now, so I best get saving up

2 hours ago, Spider said:

2 kids

sounds to me like you need to budget better spider. spread it over 12 months :D 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Spider said:

2 kids

That's a lot of shoes for 2 baby arachnids 😁

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, stevieb said:

School is miles off mate. 

You'll have spent £40k on childcare before they even get there. FACT. 

I was saving that one.

I added up how much it cost me in total to put both of mine through nursery (including the pathetic "free" hours the govt give you).

No exaggeration to say I got no change from £20k for the pair of them. 

£600 a month, per child, for 3 years. 

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

I was saving that one.

I added up how much it cost me in total to put both of mine through nursery (including the pathetic "free" hours the govt give you).

Same. Mine was £38k.

By the time number two goes to school it'll be north of £80k 

I'm paying £1200 a month at the moment. One on full time nursery and one on full time before and after school club. 

Ace. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Same. Mine was £38k.

By the time number two goes to school it'll be north of £80k 

I'm paying £1200 a month at the moment. One on full time nursery and one on full time before and after school club. 

Ace. 

Those day care places are a fucking gold mine. They pay the girls who work there min wage, charge £40 a day per brat, and buy their food etc. in bulk.

Don't get me wrong, they do a brilliant job, but the owners are coining it in.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

I was saving that one.

Yeah and I forgot to check my application for the first 3 months and missed out and a few hundred quids worth of top ups

That pissed me off