Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Okocha10

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Every manager has been on thin ice. I didn’t like Rioch or his record when he landed.

Right manager, right club sometimes. Hope Hill and Bolton are a fit

Managers, like players can get better with experience.

Can also go stale I suppose, but we can enjoy it now for a change.

Well done Keith Hill and Flitcroft.

17 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Important to remember the leader almost lead Barnsley to relegation before he got sacked and almost lead Rochdale to league 2 obscurity before he got sacked.

So? Which champions league winning manager were we getting? He and Flitcroft have some of the best lower league records around. 

I like the man, I like his coaching team now, I liked the team he had at Rochdale when him and Flitcroft divorced. I hope they are the most successful management and coaching team we have ever had. 

I don't think they are a golden ticket though because of how things ran at Rochdale, and that's from knowing people who played there and from seeing them as a neutral.

Don't want to be being negative or appeat to be being so because what is happening is so hyper but can only give my opinion, that's what a forum is.

33 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Every manager has been on thin ice. I didn’t like Rioch or his record when he landed.

Right manager, right club sometimes. Hope Hill and Bolton are a fit

Spot on and i think they will prove to be a perfect fit.

Gutted to concede that late goal, but i expected a defeat before the game.

The atmosphere, the football, the feel good factor is so much better than the last few seasons.

Parkys football bored me shitless, i like Keef Hills football and his attitude - it's such a refreshing change.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

the  two games have been a breath of fresh air

hopefully the start of a  new era

if we go down  , as we might do , we will hopefully build a new squad of hungry young and experienced players,

just need the lapsed fans to come back, if you know some one , tell them how good  the  feel good factor is, and they are a complete wanker for giving up on our team.

18 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I like the man, I like his coaching team now, I liked the team he had at Rochdale when him and Flitcroft divorced. 

They didn't divorce at Rochdale or anywhere else for that matter. Hill got sacked at Barnsley and they chose to give the job to his right hand man Flitcroft after a spell as caretaker. So more of an unplanned 'uncoupling' really. 

It's also worth noting that they weren't working together when things started to tail off for Hill at Rochdale.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Great again today, really having a go, pressing and making the other team work their gonads off.

penalty harsh, but they had a few clear chances (certainly 2 easy headers), couple of great saves from Matthews.  So probably in hindsight a draw was fair, but a late goal always feels harsh.

overall, real good feel factor starting to come back, forget the table, let’s just enjoy playing football and giving other teams problems.  Once these strikers are back, we will win more than we lose.

Thats right because Beech replaced Flitcroft after doing his time with the youth,  and Flitcroft was doing ok on his own as a manager.

Would like to see what actually happened in WSL today, at one point a mackem was halfway across and was being followed by a young child and had to send him back. Looked piss poor but couldnt see what was going on in our side.

49 minutes ago, Ani said:

I do think in last 10 mins Politic or Buckley needed subbing they had run themselves into ground. 

I know we have little on bench but fresh legs would have helped. Just an observation the overall performance was great. 

Buckley was breathing out of his arse last 20 mins, but he'd put a decent shift in.

The young Stoke lad has visibly tired in the 2nd half in his first 2 games, but that will improve.

I thought Bridcutt was immense today and Jay Lo had a great game too.

I honestly think that with a decent pre season behind them, this side would have fared better in the Championship last season than the turds we had.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Only downside to lowers being full is that the slow cnuts at the kiosks are even slower 

Takes too long to get through the crowds to have a slash in East Lower at half time. 

If they close East Upper next season then they should change the first block of toilets when you come in (towards the South Stand) back to gents.

Otherwise happy with it - adds to the atmosphere. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

24 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Takes too long to get through the crowds to have a slash in East Lower at half time. 

If they close East Upper next season then they should change the first block of toilets when you come in (towards the South Stand) back to gents.

Otherwise happy with it - adds to the atmosphere. 

Pretty sure that was because of the smoking, you still see blokes stroll in and out without realising. 

Now they just smoke in the next bog down.

4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We’d have won with a striker. If I’m being honest a draw was fair. It’s just frustrating to get so close but the other way of looking at it, had they scored in their period of pressure in the second half we’d have lost. 

Every single player worked their socks off. I do think we must find a striker this week though. Somewhere somehow. We can’t keep playing without one.

They would have to be unattached.  I looked through the unattached list the other day and I'm struggling to think of anyone that would improve on Buckley to be honest.  Be grateful for Buckley, we didnt even have that luxury at Rotherham.