Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington away

radcliffe white

20 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Stonewall pen imo, but the sending off was a joke.

Our yoof do get a bit giddy at away games, but i don't see much harm in 'em really - we were all young and daft once.

Didn’t see it as a  yoof issue yesterday. Thought it was folk that should know better or stop drinking or maybe both 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Didn’t see it as a  yoof issue yesterday. Thought it was folk that should know better or stop drinking or maybe both 

I wasn't there so can only go off comments on here. Doesn't matter really, who is acting the cunt.

Some of the descriptions from Micky etc suggest there's a problem.

When seasoned fans don't want to go, and take the next generation with them, then something is truly amiss.

What a shame.

9 hours ago, Daveh said:

Couldn’t agree more.

I took my young son and daughter several seasons ago, they sadly had to witness this type of behaviour and they’ve never been back. They cried all the way home in the car, and the merest suggestion of taking them to a game now still upsets them.

One day, these moronic idiots may have children themselves and will then possibly understand the repercussions of their actions.....

But then again, that’s probably wishful thinking.

That's sad to read.  I've taken my kids (now in their 20s) to plenty of home and away games but when they were growing up we were in the Prem, so we hadnt small club mentality not jolly boys days out mentality, so the atmosphere was different and generally speaking we werent subjected to idiots.  There was a few blips when free coaches were laid on (WBA springs to mind) which brought out the not rights.  Dont hold your breath thinking they'll change with parenthood, you see them dragging their kids up to behave like them and teaching them that their behaviour is normal.

9 hours ago, Daveh said:

8 hours ago, tomski said:

Went to Rawtenstall after for beers and have to say it was excellent. Accrington laid on a good do but their ground is crap. 

Missed our goal as I was in the stampede trying to get in.

The ref ruined the game with the decision. I couldn’t believe how quick he had the red out.

That said, the performance was that bad he doesn’t end up the villain for me, that performance was pathetic. I had a feeling we’d lose as things had gone so well+a big following normally result in such outcomes. I couldn’t of envisaged that though

That bit about the big following resulting in defeats...I'd forgotten about that, but how true it is.  You just have to look at this season - Tranmere, Rotherham and Accy were our big sell out aways, that's 18 goals conceded then.  But going back years and years, the bigger the following the worse the result, I think the 2-2 draw at PNE last season was our only point in about 3 years with a 'local' or 'sell out' game.  Yet we almost routinely pick up the odd surprise result at the likes of Millwall, Bristol Rovers, QPR and Birmingham especially in night games when even less of our fans are there.  12th man my arse!

8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

lad next to me in the terrace said that he had read somewhere or heard that he was sent of for dangerous foul play. I didn’t see anything that could be classed as that. The reaction of the accy players surrounding the ref contributed heavily 

BBC sport telly programme said violent conduct in brackets when it flicked up 

They and sky etc get all this from the Press Association so not sure who decided it was without asking the ref 

Days like Accrington are to be forgotten for all the reasons stated & would be enough to put off families.

My lad & his pal(aged 13) however, were intoxicated by the theatre of the terracing, size of support, passion, drama, idiocy etc that they are now diehards. 

Forget the result & the bellends, the drug of BWFC is quite addictive, even though it’s a tough watch at times....

• Members
17 hours ago, Blondi said:

Yeah same as me, obviously the players heads went down after our sending off and they caved in, we'll be back next week.

We suffered so many tankings at the beginning of the season, I think I have become desensitised to them.

Still believe that we will be contemplating survival by the time we reach Easter.

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Took my lad (6) to his first game where he could stand up. He loved it regardless of utter gawps that were in there. I’ve Said it for years, We have the mongiest fans in the league, how we can call other teams fans is beyond me.

You didn’t see the Adams family in the Accy end mum dad, lover and son all in unison both eyes looking in the opposite direction,  throwing abuse at Bolton fans, easily the mongiest fans I’ve ever seen. 

Bolton fans misbehaving when the team is a load of crap is nothing  new. In 1987 the fans were fighting with the police on the terraces when they lost at York and Scarborough.

The problem is a well supported club taking thousands to tiny grounds and watching a pisspoor team get beat.

It's not only Bolton either.Wolves fans were banned from away grounds for a time in  1987 because they had rioted at Torquay, Scarborough and Southend.

Well supported clubs turning out wank teams at small grounds = thousands of angry supporters and trouble

48 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bolton fans misbehaving when the team is a load of crap is nothing  new. In 1987 the fans were fighting with the police on the terraces when they lost at York and Scarborough.

The problem is a well supported club taking thousands to tiny grounds and watching a pisspoor team get beat.

It's not only Bolton either.Wolves fans were banned from away grounds for a time in  1987 because they had rioted at Torquay, Scarborough and Southend.

Well supported clubs turning out wank teams at small grounds = thousands of angry supporters and trouble

Do Man U do the same when they go to Bournemouth?

18 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Their team isn't a load of crap. Last time Man Utd had a chance of descending to mediocrity was in the 1970s when they were relegated but they went straight back up as Champions

They also equalled Stoke's record of finishing bottom of the top tier for two successive seasons. In fairness when Stoke did it there only was one tier anyway, but not when Newton Heath did so. 

27 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Their team isn't a load of crap. Last time Man Utd had a chance of descending to mediocrity was in the 1970s when they were relegated but they went straight back up as Champions

United fans were absolute arseholes in the 70's in the second division, mind you they still are

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Do Man U do the same when they go to Bournemouth?

49 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

20 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

United fans were absolute arseholes in the 70's in the second division, mind you they still are

Definitely behaved like a big club visiting a small club just as Mr Dubuis said is the issue with Bolton.

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s called bullying today, set of cunts they always have been. 1975 shaped my lifelong hatred of the colour red. 😂

Bristol City, Cardiff,  Millwall and some other clubs had huge mobs out for Man Utd in 74/75

The most dyed in the wool Eccles Red would admit Man Utd were heavily outnumbered and absolutely battered at Millwall that season.It was a Monday night match which kept numbers down.

Cardiff was a huge brawl involving a thousand plus on both sides.

It wasn't just a case of Man Utd going bullying smaller clubs

22 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bristol City, Cardiff,  Millwall and some other clubs had huge mobs out for Man Utd in 74/75

The most dyed in the wool Eccles Red would admit Man Utd were heavily outnumbered and absolutely battered at Millwall that season.It was a Monday night match which kept numbers down.

Cardiff was a huge brawl involving a thousand plus on both sides.

It wasn't just a case of Man Utd going bullying smaller clubs

i'm gonna have to boo this