Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Madeleine McCann

deane koontz

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Always felt sorry for her Mum and Dad. Imagine your child being abducted (and God knows what else) but then having to live with everyone claiming you did it.

Controversial I know but I’m going to say it anyway. Neither have worked since it happened and there has been millions raised for her search etc of which chunks have apparently paid for their lifestyle. Jsl 

The suspect has been named as Christian Brueckner.  Wonder what that Portuguese copper is thinking Gonzalo Amaral who wrote a book and said the parents drugged Madeline? He'll look a proper twat if this suspect is found guilty.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Blondi said:

The suspect has been named as Christian Brueckner.  Wonder what that Portuguese copper is thinking Gonzalo Amaral who wrote a book and said the parents drugged Madeline? He'll look a proper twat if this suspect is found guilty.

I don't think he will have anything to reproach himself for, I reckon he was bang on the money. 

• Site Supporter

Was on holiday in Majorca when my youngest lad was a new baby (he's 28 now) and to say he was a pain in the arse was an understatement,hard work all day at night I used to put him in his cot in this chalet style thing we was staying in and his mum brother and I went in a little bar literally 50 yards away, I used to jog back every 20 mins or so and check on him never once gave it a thought that we'd done anything remotely risky until this case and then you count your blessings and obviously wouldn't recommend anyone doing it now .

• Moderators

I know as a kid I was left at Butlins 

They had folk patrolling, I think

It was the done thing

Abroad, often put ours down for a kip in the afternoon but one or both of us stayed outside the room

Leaving children unattended at night abroad never crossed our mind

8 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Was on holiday in Majorca when my youngest lad was a new baby (he's 28 now) and to say he was a pain in the arse was an understatement,hard work all day at night I used to put him in his cot in this chalet style thing we was staying in and his mum brother and I went in a little bar literally 50 yards away, I used to jog back every 20 mins or so and check on him never once gave it a thought that we'd done anything remotely risky until this case and then you count your blessings and obviously wouldn't recommend anyone doing it now .

I admire your honesty.  They used to have staff wandering around the bar at Pontins with 'Baby crying in chalet 5' on a sign and you'd see the parents arguing who had to go over. Despite all these parents of the year on Facebook with their mad theories, there's lots of folk that did similar. I can't imagine (m)any have done since though. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I admire your honesty.  They used to have staff wandering around the bar at Pontins with 'Baby crying in chalet 5' on a sign and you'd see the parents arguing who had to go over. Despite all these parents of the year on Facebook with their mad theories, there's lots of folk that did similar. I can't imagine (m)any have done since though. 

Yes mate hindsights wonderful suspect my 20 min checks got slightly longer as the night and alcohol were on , never thought we were bad parents though 

18 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

I admire your honesty.

Let's be honest though, times have changed. When me and my brother were kids, probably about 8 and 10 years old, during school holidays we'd be out at 9am back from some dinner then back out until tea time. We'd be down by the lodges or over at the Jollies, our mum certainly couldn't see where we were. That was the norm though.

If any parent did that now they be called horrifically bad parents.

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

So I'm now presuming Robert Murat is now off the hook? The UK press only went after him initially because he had a glass eye.

We should probably hang him anyway just to be on the safe side! :)

Edited by kent_white

• Site Supporter

i have no idea what happened. obviously.

and i have not really followed the speculation like others.

the comments i see are unreal.

i wonder that if it turns out the parents are totally uninvolved, they will get any form of a apology from the millions of c***s in society?

5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Controversial I know but I’m going to say it anyway. Neither have worked since it happened and there has been millions raised for her search etc of which chunks have apparently paid for their lifestyle. Jsl 

I reckon they’d give up every single penny to get their daughter back. 

Or at least find out what happened.

If they had involvement there’s no way they’d still be fighting till now. They’d have played in out for a while and just ran for the hills. 

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I reckon they’d give up every single penny to get their daughter back. 

Or at least find out what happened.

If they had involvement there’s no way they’d still be fighting till now. They’d have played in out for a while and just ran for the hills. 

I don’t believe for one minute they had anything to do with it mate. 

And like any normal parent they would probably die themselves to bring their child back. 

I just saw an article a while back about how much had been raised and where it had gone that was all. my point was more That they have managed to live from the fund whereas most parents in the same situation would simply have to get back to work. 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t believe for one minute they had anything to do with it mate. 

And like any normal parent they would probably die themselves to bring their child back. 

I just saw an article a while back about how much had been raised and where it had gone that was all. my point was more That they have managed to live from the fund whereas most parents in the same situation would simply have to get back to work. 

Aye, they’ve had a couple of books out as well haven’t they? 

We just got to hope this German fella solves the mystery. 

I went on my honeymoon at the time it happened, remember us getting her leaflets about her on the plane and her face being all over airport, even in Jamaica when we landed. 

Just now, gonzo said:

Aye, they’ve had a couple of books out as well haven’t they? 

We just got to hope this German fella solves the mystery. 

I went on my honeymoon at the time it happened, remember us getting her leaflets about her on the plane and her face being all over airport, even in Jamaica when we landed. 

Yeah done books which I found odd. Although could be aimed at giving an insight into how to cope but I saw it as a strange thing to do if I’m honest. 

i still think she’s alive. I just cannot see in this modern day how she’s disappeared with no trace. Very very rare that happens with no body. 

In some ways I want him to be the one so they can get closure but then if he has killed her it finally extinguishes that hope that they have. 

cant even begin to contemplate what it must be like 

It bad enough losing site of your Nipper even for a split second. No other feeling like it. Like when your about to concede in the last minute x 3000

Our friends lost their 3 year old on a packed lytham front for about 5 frantic minutes. They said it felt like 2 hours as you can imagine. 

4 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Was in Praia Da Luz the morning after she went missing. Golfing at Boavista. Plenty of posters and the police were about, didnt really think too much about it at the time, 

Horrible to think about now I’ve got a little girl. 

We was in Spain with our lad who was same age when it happened, so it has resonance with us, our lads 15 and we’ve had a superb 13 years, can only feel sorry for Madeline. 😢