Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Salford, Friday the thirteenth

globaldiver

Sky must've been absolutely gutted at the result too. After the pre-match wankfest over Salford they must've been planning to continue it after the game.

.... but ha fucking ha. They instead had to talk about how they were put in their place by a PROPER football club.

Was great to see how clearly delighted Phil Morris was about it too.

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

Let’s not get carried away, we scored one goal from the only clear cut chance created in 90 odd minutes, and the second was yet another gift.

Think about that, one goal attempt in 90 mins !

Back to being a bell end u see. No one saying not room for improvement but we have a spine, played like a team and defendec really really well. You say no efforts on goal but we had two very good opportunities second half from some lovely play so you can stick your stats! Also who cares what % of possession you have really? winning like when Everton thumped city 4-1 was it? with 30 odd % possession.  Bollocks to that. Really enjoyed tonight and if you cant i feel sorry for you

• Members
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It was when Delaney decided he would have a bit as well and moved up into midfield for a minute or 2 that I just gave up.

Think it’s the best I’ve seen him play in either spell for us. He kept it simple, stayed in his shape

14 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Sky must've been absolutely gutted at the result too. After the pre-match wankfest over Salford they must've been planning to continue it after the game.

.... but ha fucking ha. They instead had to talk about how they were put in their place by a PROPER football club.

Who is Phil Morris?

36 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The atmosphere in the Sky studio after the match reminded me of when England had lost

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Anyone else shouting at the tv when Baptiste was running up the right hand side to join the attack in the 89th minute? 

Haha, yep.

Overall, those last 5 minutes or so were managed fantastically well.

Should have scored more too in the latter stages of the game.

Happy with a 2-0 though. 

When you're disappointed that the team you claim to support has won a game like last night's, it's nature's way of telling you that you're making a tit of yourself !!!

The keeper change was a big factor for me, giving the defence a confidence that spread through the team......once we were in the lead, for all the possession they had, I wasn't in the usual panic about conceding.    Loads of positives.

ps Fuck off Neville

42 minutes ago, snowball said:

Back to being a bell end u see. No one saying not room for improvement but we have a spine, played like a team and defendec really really well. You say no efforts on goal but we had two very good opportunities second half from some lovely play so you can stick your stats! Also who cares what % of possession you have really? winning like when Everton thumped city 4-1 was it? with 30 odd % possession.  Bollocks to that. Really enjoyed tonight and if you cant i feel sorry for you

It’s all about opinion, and I am not getting the “Evatt is a master tactician” bit like some. Really, really wish I could but to suggest we have turned a proverbial corner is bonkers.

And you don't need to feel sorry for me, I have enough people around me doing that thanks.

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Lets just enjoy the win ffs.

One day soon we are going to muller someone 5-0.

I am in a really good mood this morning, I know it was a red tribute act we beat but its done me good especially as we stuck it up Neville & co

Yoof was telling me yesterday one of his mates at school told him he's a Salford fan. I asked who else he supports,  he said Man Utd. I rolled my eyes and he got it completely.

Yoof understands this other boy is the worst kind of football fan there is. Even at 10 years old.

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Yoof was telling me yesterday one of his mates at school told him he's a Salford fan. I asked who else he supports,  he said Man Utd. I rolled my eyes and he got it completely.

Yoof understands this other boy is the worst kind of football fan there is. Even at 10 years old.

Did your son not give him a slap 👋? My daughters partners a red and the grandkids have gone that way. Love watching them get beat with them and gloating - they will see the light 💡 eventually 

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Did your son not give him a slap 👋? My daughters partners a red and the grandkids have gone that way. Love watching them get beat with them and gloating - they will see the light 💡 eventually 

Ha, no. He knows best not engage, they're not worth wasting any time or energy on. Just wipe your shoe and move away.