Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

That would do my nut in. Why do grown adults call their father daddy ffs? It's a weird thing, dad or even pop at a stretch would be better. Does she call her mum, mummy?

She does. All their friends do as well. Might be a Southern thing? We're all Mummy and Daddy.

It's odd, its not like its an issue, i thought it would be. They go to an all girls school so that might effect it?

I dunno, not really thought about it much to be fair.

I still think they are being educated to rule the planet, the confidence is unbelieveable, and us Northerners are a by-line 😄

9 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fair enough, I read all girls school and assumed wrongly, apologies.

It's kent - they do the 'Kent Test' I don't agree with it but they passed so, our opinion was you get to choose your school - they decided on all girl's grammar.

The youngest said, no way am i doing that - and she goes to a comp. but the comp is two years old - it'll only be a full school when she's in year 10.

The comp is linked to the other grammar in the area, so the teachers swap and if you stream in set one in year 8 you learn with the grammar school.

And we wonder why there is a postcode lottery..

If I lived in Bolton I'd be fucking livid, but then again, I wouldn't know. I didn't until I met thousands of idiots here but they believed they were brighter.

Edited by Not in Crawley

3 hours ago, Ani said:

Everything changes then, especially with girls ! 

I'm loving that they're all at sixth form/secondary now. 

Wasn't a massive fan of the toddler age. Its like haing proper, real life grown ups who you can talk to - saturday night - women in the media was the dinner discussion - was actually fun. Sod lego etc 

• Site Supporter
On 28/11/2023 at 19:46, Winchester White said:

Why do grown adults call their father daddy ffs? 

On 28/11/2023 at 23:55, Zico said:

I like my daughter (five) calling me daddy 

I like her friends calling me "Beatrice's daddy" 

I don't like her calling me dad 

At what point does this change?

I used to love my (then) five year old daughter calling me daddy as much as I learned to love my later secondary school-aged daughter calling me dad. She still reverts, on occasion, to calling me daddy but that just means I have something she wants; usually money.

General advice, if a girl-child over the age of, say, 11 calls you daddy it’ll be just about to cost you 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I used to love my (then) five year old daughter calling me daddy as much as I learned to love my later secondary school-aged daughter calling me dad. She still reverts, on occasion, to calling me daddy but that just means I have something she wants; usually money.

General advice, if a girl-child over the age of, say, 11 calls you daddy it’ll be just about to cost you 

I always find its a conversation that starts with...the thing is....

But they all call me Daddy and the middle.ome hates asking for money.

She's also said she doesn't want kids, was a flat London by herself but to work abroad first.

She's my banker to look after me in my dotage.

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I see Havering Council has cancelled the public lighting of the menorah during Chanukah so as to not "inflame community tensions"

Giving in to the mob.

Of course you can understand their concerns, but surely this will simply  embolden the bastards.

"Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies" seems reasonable now.

• Members
On 01/12/2023 at 18:10, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sometimes I find his crusading lacks a bit of context, but in general a decent journalist. 

Not afraid to speak his mind. I don't always agree with his views (obviously did in this particular instance) but have to respect a man who is unafraid to put forward his opinion in these days of social media crucifixion.