Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

7 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

They're old men.

Existing only to make hen-pecked kid-powfagged knackered middle-aged men still feel 'edgy'.

If any yoof are reading - outside any of their gigs is absolutely perfect for selling snide drugs to dads in 'casual' jeans and dandy coloured Spezials.

Latest tour - Sponsored by Simplicity Cremations.

When I went seeing Fat White Family in the summer, Sleaford Mods headlined.

The change in crowd before they came on was noticeable. 

Most of the young uns fucked off.

I'm not surprised [da yoof fucked off early].

By then they'd probably already flogged paltry amounts of their excess drugs, for a 600% markup, to sad middle-aged blokes out on a Day-Pass (acquired in 2017) and desperate to prove they're still 'lairy' and 'street'...

And tell those pensioners (the 'band') that being a 'chav' was never being a modern 'punk' - so ditch the Adidas poppers and snapbacks...

Anyway, they've long, long moved on now - your average 'roadman' wouldn't be seen dead loitering and window-shopping around JD Sports these days.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

42 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm not surprised.

By then they'd probably already flogged paltry amounts of their excess drugs, for a 600% markup, to sad middle-aged blokes out on a Day-Pass (acquired in 2017) and desperate to prove they're still 'lairy' and 'street'...

And tell those pensioners (the 'band') that being a 'chav' was never being a modern 'punk' - so ditch the Adidas poppers and snapbacks...

Anyway, they've long, long moved on now - your average 'roadman' wouldn't be seen dead loitering and window-shopping around JD Sports these days.

We stayed about 5/6 songs. Was better than I thought but I have to say had the wiff of the middle aged as you say.

Baxter Dury was so much better.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, green genie said:

Anybody done Victoria Warehouse yet?

Up for the Charlatans Dec 4th.  Is there any bars around there worth visit  

Done a couple of gigs 

It's a bit out the way, en route to old Trafford from centre of Manc 

You might find a couple of bars round media city maybe 

But when I've been have gone central then got a cab down

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I'm sensing that's a definite "No" now, what about if I throw in a pastie from Greggs and and a couple of pints in Brewdog beforehand? Still no dice?

Make it two for a quid sausage rolls from Pound Bakery, eight pints of Pendle Witch in shithair Tim's gaffs (£15.92 plus a quid for the baked goods)...

Jesus, that's probably not a million miles away from the pre-gig of some fans going to watch the 'Sleaford Pensioners'.

Anyway, I'd still say no.

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

1 hour ago, emus wig said:

Isn’t being down with the kids the worst  dad thing you can do JSL .

Perhaps.

I don't bother with mine, their mam frankly went to seed after having the two of them DESPITE me paying for her a membership at David Lloyd and that stupid Janeplan thing...

Ditched her for a girl at work after a year or so.

If it is, then at least be down with them ie ignore them at gigs by contemporary acts.

Not going watching to even older sad bastards in sportswear pretending they're still pissed off about stuff...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

On 13/11/2021 at 18:33, green genie said:

Ye, done it a couple of times. Specials and Supergrass.

When you get in, skip all the bars downstairs, they have a "mazzanine" bar upstars, both times I went nobody whent up, presumed it must have been restricted area....bar dead, was ace.

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Ye, done it a couple of times. Specials and Supergrass.

When you get in, skip all the bars downstairs, they have a "mazzanine" bar upstars, both times I went nobody whent up, presumed it must have been restricted area....bar dead, was ace.

Cheers. We had same with bar upstairs at Dirty Leeds O2 for Supergrass. 

On 13/11/2021 at 18:33, green genie said:

Done it a couple of times.  Walk in from media city or metrolink to Pomona. Pub and hotel bars a plenty.

I agree with the good Dr though.  Best sound is away from the front.

The piss stones are those raised metal troughs that are barely distinguishable from the sinks.  I've seen folk piss in the sinks and last time, someone went to wash their hands in the urinal!