Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

3 hours ago, Zico said:

Eels were good at Albert Hall last night

Class weren't they, look cool as fuck too. Climbing up to the Moon is one of my favourite ever songs. Think that's the most packed I've seen Albert Hall yet.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, tshape said:

Class weren't they, look cool as fuck too. Climbing up to the Moon is one of my favourite ever songs. Think that's the most packed I've seen Albert Hall yet.

aye, never seen them before

was hoping to hear Lucky Day in Hell, Fresh Feeling, Fresh Blood or Beautiful Blues but really enjoyed it none the less - latest album is really good and those first 5 or 6 songs were great

definitely a mature audience

and "amusing" to see he can't get to the high notes in tunes like novovaine anymore

• 1 month later...

Due to my mum being very poorly we have 2 tickets available for Andre Rieu at the arena tomorrow night....They are great seats on the floor near the front (I can confirm if anyone is interested face value is about £100 per ticket but I would take £100 for both.....They are electronic tickets so I would have to give you my details to log in to my ticketmaster account. Message if interested.

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

We're off to see Bez, Rowetta and Clint Boon in Rawtenstall tonight. Not sure what sort of a do it will be but there'll be beer so all good

Clint Boon is doing a set before the Wigan-Leeds game tonight too before presumably hot footing up to Rawtenstall then doing the Clone Roses gig at Heaton Park tomorrow. Keeping busy!

Currently having a beer in a lovely quiet bar tucked away high up in the Winter Gardens before the James gig. Proper chilled. 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Big E said:

Currently about to start day 2 of awakenings festival with mrs E. Dutch festivals are mint. We are like middle age category. Loads of silver ravers. Never have to give up kids remember 😁🙌

There's no category about it mate lol. 

Can't say too much, I'm heading into the autumn of life

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

got standing tickets for Queens Of The Stone Age at the arena in November

was very disspointed last time I saw them there, was a monday night and just didn't have the right feel to it that night

plus it was off the back of Like Clockwork which was a weak album

on a Tuesday night this time

and there's a new album out

so fingers crossed

also hoping that next week at Glastonbury is focused on their back catalogue and not all new stuff

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Zico said:

got standing tickets for Queens Of The Stone Age at the arena in November

was very disspointed last time I saw them there, was a monday night and just didn't have the right feel to it that night

plus it was off the back of Like Clockwork which was a weak album

on a Tuesday night this time

and there's a new album out

so fingers crossed

also hoping that next week at Glastonbury is focused on their back catalogue and not all new stuff

I’ve got tickets as well but missed the gig you mention, sounds like I didn’t miss much.

Id imagine Glastonbury will be a hits set, and if Foo Fighters are knocking about as rumoured, I think Dave Grohl will make an appearance at some point, which is always rather splendid.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spider said:

I’ve got tickets as well but missed the gig you mention, sounds like I didn’t miss much.

Id imagine Glastonbury will be a hits set, and if Foo Fighters are knocking about as rumoured, I think Dave Grohl will make an appearance at some point, which is always rather splendid.

About two songs in Josh homme was like "look, I know it's a Monday but can we all just pretend it's a Saturday", proper flat it was 

Wish I'd seen them tour songs for the deaf or lullabies to paralyse at the Apollo or similar 

Did get tickets for era vulgaris at the Apollo but didn't end up making it

Dave Grohl drumming on No One Knows will happen at Glastonbury if he's there