Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Loan Watch 2021/22

TrickyTrotter

56 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

In his post match interview, Vale manager Clarke said that Dennis is still only 70% fit and that was why he isn’t starting.  Sounds fair enough given his injury and how long he was out.   

I appreciate I know nowt but he recovered & went into full training in the summer. Available for games & training for now 5 months. That's a long time, even after a serious injury & season out, to still only be 70% fit.

I guess the question is, does that suggest he's never going to be properly reet ?

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I appreciate I know nowt but he recovered & went into full training in the summer. Available for games & training for now 5 months. That's a long time, even after a serious injury & season out, to still only be 70% fit.

I guess the question is, does that suggest he's never going to be properly reet ?

He's 70% fit because he picked up an injury in their last match.

He probably means only 70% match fit and we have to remember that they have quality strikers contracted, so obviously they’ll play them first. Also, if there’s a possibility we’ll call him back in January, they’re not going to make him a first choice unless they’re struggling.

For me, of more concern is that IE just doesn’t seem to be mentioning him at all, or the likelihood of him being recalled. Maybe he’s not Evatt’s kind of player because let’s face it, he actually shoots and scores goals!! 😌

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

He probably means only 70% match fit and we have to remember that they have quality strikers contracted, so obviously they’ll play them first. Also, if there’s a possibility we’ll call him back in January, they’re not going to make him a first choice unless they’re struggling.

For me, of more concern is that IE just doesn’t seem to be mentioning him at all, or the likelihood of him being recalled. Maybe he’s not Evatt’s kind of player because let’s face it, he actually shoots and scores goals!! 😌

Talking bollocks shocker!!!

Why should Evatt be talking about a player that isn’t available until January? He’s enough issues with all of our injuries.

And as for your comment about him not being an ‘Evatt kind of player as he shoots and scores goals’, ffs, keep that for the Bolton News community eh?

Darcy has talent & is classy on the ball but doesn't look the type to get goals & assists like Dennis. Politic has the edge about him & is greedy enough to take shots on which will get him numbers unlike Ronan who may be better suited to converting as a deeper playmaker linking the play up like Lee does as long as he's coached right. Politic seems to have pissed Evatt off regarding rejecting a contract but nobodies in the wrong as it's easy to see both sides... Bolton don't want to offer him what he thinks he warrants because of the risk of him snapping his knee again ala Holden, Mavies, CYL but in Dennis's case it's a business he needs to earn as much as he can in case injuries do occur so that he's financially secure if anything bad does happen with his career hence him thinking if he smashes it at Vale it will earn him more money in the summer somewhere. Hopefully both parties come to an agreement & we see him in the squad next season maybe even January but it doesn't look likely which is unfortunate because he's no doubt exciting to watch.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Has he rejected it, or just not signed it?

Hedging his bets a bit maybe.

Whatever his thinking, he's not going anywhere for a particularly big wage. Still to fully prove his worth.

Evatt said a few weeks ago that our contract offer had been "politely declined".

To be fair to Politic, I think he's probably right if he thinks he's likely to get a better contract offer elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Has he rejected it, or just not signed it?

Hedging his bets a bit maybe.

Whatever his thinking, he's not going anywhere for a particularly big wage. Still to fully prove his worth.

This.

He's clearly a capable young lad. I'd love him to make it ... here. But if he leaves he leaves.

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Evatt said a few weeks ago that our contract offer had been "politely declined".

To be fair to Politic, I think he's probably right if he thinks he's likely to get a better contract offer elsewhere.

Unlikely to get a big contract offer from Port Vale any time soon.  I read an interview with Daryl Clarke a couple of weeks ago, he said their top earner is on £1,850 a week; he and Flitcroft are keeping wages between £1k and £1,850. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

This.

He's clearly a capable young lad. I'd love him to make it ... here. But if he leaves he leaves.

I suppose we can only be accepting or angry about him leaving if we're in possession of the facts, which isn't going to happen.  If Politic is offered a 1 year deal on £2k a week at the same time as Delfoneso or Brockbank getting 2 years at £5k a week, it seems fair to be disappointed.  If we've offered him 3 years at £8k a week and he turns it down, its easy to let him go.  I want him to stay but impossible to know what the alternatives are within the same budget. 

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If Politic is offered a 1 year deal on £2k a week at the same time as Delfoneso or Brockbank getting 2 years at £5k a week,

I know youre only chucking in hypotheticals, but lets say that was actually the case, why might we have done it?

For a laugh...or could it just be evatt reckons thats their value?

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Unlikely to get a big contract offer from Port Vale any time soon.  I read an interview with Daryl Clarke a couple of weeks ago, he said their top earner is on £1,850 a week; he and Flitcroft are keeping wages between £1k and £1,850. 

It depends on what "big" is. Currently, we've offered him a one-year contract, presumably on the same salary (which I imagine isn't very much).

I can imagine there's a fairly strong possibility a club in the fourth tier would offer him either equal terms or perhaps slightly less but over a longer period. 

On 05/12/2021 at 15:56, Steejay said:

Talking bollocks shocker!!!

Why should Evatt be talking about a player that isn’t available until January? He’s enough issues with all of our injuries.

And as for your comment about him not being an ‘Evatt kind of player as he shoots and scores goals’, ffs, keep that for the Bolton News community eh?

One of these days you might post something half intelligent but I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.

29 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It depends on what "big" is. Currently, we've offered him a one-year contract, presumably on the same salary (which I imagine isn't very much).

I can imagine there's a fairly strong possibility a club in the fourth tier would offer him either equal terms or perhaps slightly less but over a longer period. 

Yes that would make sense.  Its easy to see both sides.  Injured player gets offered an extra year, too much of a risk to offer longer.  The player in question feels fit and raring to go and has his admirers, he's not likely to accept the 1 year.  You're probably right, the money will be fairly similar given its going to be either league 2 or lesser league one clubs, realistically (or Stockport/Wrexham).