Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Injuries

Ani

Finlay Lockett has always been highly rated in the past. Think he was coming back off an injury last I heard. If we get really stuck with options up front I reckon he’ll play someone out of position up top. 

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Who do you think we should recall?

No idea I was rather looking for inspiration from others. We’re at a critical period of the season so are we confident that the 3 striker options we have can deliver and if not what options are open to us? Derby solved their striker problem with Dwight Gayle, should we look to do similar and if so who?

8 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

No idea I was rather looking for inspiration from others. We’re at a critical period of the season so are we confident that the 3 striker options we have can deliver and if not what options are open to us? Derby solved their striker problem with Dwight Gayle, should we look to do similar and if so who?

There's your answer

And it's the right decision IMO

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Time will tell

Little point in bringing an unfit player in now.

A few games ago, we had plenty of strikers, with Dion not far away from coming back.

That's changed now, but no one could have anticipated what's happened.

Moreover, there is a big assumption that we can afford additional wages.

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Little point in bringing an unfit player in now.

A few games ago, we had plenty of strikers, with Dion not far away from coming back.

That's changed now, but no one could have anticipated what's happened.

Moreover, there is a big assumption that we can afford additional wages.

Your more than likely right; and with Markham as chief scout we would bring someone like a completely unfit Gary Madine in.

its working for Derby as Gayle has scored two already 

I've seen Hutchinson play this year. Radcliffe v Marine. 

He dropped one on his goal-line for a forward to tap in and was caught flat-footed for a shot at his near post, chest height from 18 yards out.

Marine thought highly of him to be fair and everyone's entitled to the odd bad game (aren't they?), but that solitary viewing didn't have me thinking he could come in and start for our first team at the most crucial stage of the season... But sometimes, players just need an opportunity and that opportunity could change his life and maybe even our season.

What do I know. I've never played in net