Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Clearly not, but they are responsible for ensuring they have enough resources to stop it happening with the right training, be that stewards or Police.

At the end of the day it is the Police who should be managing any criminality i.e. finding the perpetrators. Not just leaning on the club with a broad brush and saying close the areas we have concerns about

It's akin go telling women not to go out after dark as there's rapists about.

In what possible way is it anything like that?

17 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Saw him in his black T shirt & shorts combo on the edge of pitch after we equalised, absolutely pissed wet through, he must have been fucking freezing.

Can’t see how he was doing much to receive a banning order like.

He was doing some form of erotic dancing in front of the policeman filming him. 

They need to ban him so we dont have to see him do that again :D

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I actually do agree with you on most stuff you have said today, we need to reign it in, but it's become a thing across the lower leagues, clubs like Morecambe need to police these big followings a lot better, for example, we lost to Accy last month, but no trouble.

Without sounding like a broken record, all clubs have an element of idiots, that is never going to change. But there are a few changes clubs can do to prevent situations.

...and honestly, in saying that I'm  not excusing the behaviour of some.

You keep implying that I'm some boring kill-joy twat, but I'm quite the opposite. Just don't want the club being put in an uncomfortable position when they're confronted with footage of our fans continually throwing stuff and setting off flares, or worse. I'm pretty sure that's what's going on behind the scenes at the moment - hence all the membership scheme bollocks, and the constant pyrotechnics announcements on the scoreboard and tannoy, plus the ominous talk about ESL south etc. There's something brewing, and if it overflows we're all gonna suffer one way or another. It's more relevant to us because of the size of our fanbase, and if they can make an example of us, they will.

Edited by Cheese

6 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I’m getting a bit fed up of ‘finger pointing folk’ who think football days out should suit them as they’re in the right all the time and folk should be like and think like them.  People are people, we’d have no stories on here of past exploits or daft things if we were all as boring and self disciplined as the self righteous.

The beauty of away games is folk letting their hair down and expressing themselves in their own way, I loved Saturday and the way all our fans did, I respect every single one of them for it, i was constantly amused.  Finger pointers are as bad as grasses in my eyes, if not worse, self centred blind pig ignorant morons who see wrong in anything that doesn’t suit their thoughts and feelings at the time.  

It’s football, lads full of ale on a day out having fun in their own little way, just sit back and get amused instead of pointing your shitty boring finger of blame, it’s boring.   

If anyone gets banned from the match so be it, I’m pretty sure they didn’t intend to get nicked on the day, just ale talking and bringing out the daft in folk, I’ll not hold anything against them.

Yeah I agree with most of this, but there is a line when behaviour crosses a line. Chucking bottles is fucking stupid, hearing about families being threatened outside and a report that disabled kids were included is fucking cowardly. I know you not trying to justify that.

The pitch  invasion was nothing, just high spirits and celebrating.

Also people posting pictures of this Santa guy when it looks he was not the one involved in the racism is a bad path to go down.

The biggest thing that sees all this shit blow up are the people who record stuff and post it all over social media, 50 lads running on the pitch looks bad alongside the headlines from the game but at the time I thought nothing of it. Put your fucking phones away. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Cheese said:

You keep implying that I'm some boring kill-joy twat, but I'm quite the opposite. Just don't want the club being put in an uncomfortable position when they're confronted with footage of our fans continually throwing stuff and setting off flares, or worse. I'm pretty sure that's what's going on behind the scenes at the moment - hence all the membership scheme bollocks, and the constant pyrotechnics announcements on the scoreboard and tannoy, plus the ominous talk about ESL south etc. There's something brewing, and if it overflows we're all gonna suffer one way or another. It's more relevant to us because of the size of our fanbase, and if they can make an example of us, they will.

There is ample evidence to support this.

Some conflating the issues within "atmosphere" missing the point.

Firstly, no one need to chuck anything to create an atmosphere. 

Secondly, if the police and licensing authorities choose to act, then that section will have zero atmosphere. 

Suggesting that is what folk want is trite, devoid of reasoning and immature.

We all want to be able to enjoy the game and the noise.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If santa wasn't directly involved then he was close enough to know who was. 

He had been kicked out by then 😁. There was ongoing 'banter' with the bench that clearly went too far (maybe both ways) he was asked to leave and the racist comment made after then apparently.

Quite funny on Morecambes boards as they were saying 'nothing was said' not it is 'it was not him'. Someone did point out not hearing something is not the same as it not being said but did not go down well.